OBD JScan - Program With Your Smart Phone

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Guess not. BAFX adapter wont even pair with my phone.

iPhone requires a wifi adapter while android can work with wifi or Bluetooth I think. I have the BAFX WiFi Adapter and it works perfectly with my iPhone 6s. What specific equipment do you have?

Glen1978

Galaxy S6 for me. It will find it occasionally but says cannot pair. My wife has a brand new iPhone 10 or some shit. It wont even find it.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Galaxy S6 for me. It will find it occasionally but says cannot pair. My wife has a brand new iPhone 10 or some shit. It wont even find it.

The Bluetooth adapter will not pair to any iPhones. I’m surprised that you’re having trouble because others on hear have had success with your same combination. Did you reboot your phone and try?

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Here’s something that might help you with connecting. I purchased the Vgate WiFi adapter and initially could not get it to connect with my iPhone X. I learned that if I temporarily turned off the Bluetooth on my phone while trying to connect, it would work. So maybe try turning off WiFi on your phone if you have a Bluetooth module. Might be worth a try. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Its the BAFX that was posted in the beginning of this thread

Just to confirm, this is exactly what you have, BAXF WiFi Adapter (for iOS):

IMG_9044.JPG

Or do you have the Bluetooth version? Your posts do not make it clear which one you have. You mentioned (pairing) which leads me to Bluetooth then you mention the adapter above which is wireless. It’s hard for us to help you when being vague....

If you have the WiFi Adapter, disable your phones Bluetooth for the initial connection. I seem to remember having to do that. After that you should be fine.

sipafz

Caught the Bug

This adapter for sure will not work with your wife's iPhone! It should however work with your Android and I'm surprised that you're having trouble pairing. Did you try turning off the WiFi as suggested in a previous post by a different member?

Shit, maybe I bought the wrong one because its not the one on the front page. Nevertheless it wont bluetooth to my phone or my wifes. I started a return on that one and went ahead and bought the first one recommended on this page. Be here tomorrow. Hopefully I have better luck.

http://jscan.net/supported-and-not-supported-obd-adapters/

I hope so. Maybe the first one is just not working properly?

Glen1978

So got another recommended adapter and it worked fine. Send the BAFX back to Amazon. Got everything set up and all is well. Thanks for the help guys.

WxNerd2015

Can't wait to use the app! I downloaded it and played around in the examples a bit, and seems pretty great for such a cheap app, compared with so many other expensive options out there! Anyways, waiting on my V Gate to come to fully use it, but definitely like the backup cam enable feature as I have been looking into that for a while but did not want to pay over $100 at the dealer for the flash!

Anyways, anyone know if there is a mode on the app to turn off the hyper flash option if you add in LED taillight/turn signal bulbs? I know the resistors work fine and I have been running that in my taillights for a few years, but having the ability to just turn the hyperflash feature off instead of adding a resistor to the lights would be perfect! I know the guys over in the Ford world are able to do this with ForScan and are able to do it for the front turn signals and rear turn signals separately, but haven't seen anything like that yet in the Jeep world!

sipafz

Caught the Bug
So got another recommended adapter and it worked fine. Send the BAFX back to Amazon. Got everything set up and all is well. Thanks for the help guys.

Glad your new adapter worked out! It’s really nice not to have that TPMS light on! What else are you planning to do with it?

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Can't wait to use the app! I downloaded it and played around in the examples a bit, and seems pretty great for such a cheap app, compared with so many other expensive options out there! Anyways, waiting on my V Gate to come to fully use it, but definitely like the backup cam enable feature as I have been looking into that for a while but did not want to pay over $100 at the dealer for the flash!

Anyways, anyone know if there is a mode on the app to turn off the hyper flash option if you add in LED taillight/turn signal bulbs? I know the resistors work fine and I have been running that in my taillights for a few years, but having the ability to just turn the hyperflash feature off instead of adding a resistor to the lights would be perfect! I know the guys over in the Ford world are able to do this with ForScan and are able to do it for the front turn signals and rear turn signals separately, but haven't seen anything like that yet in the Jeep world!

You should be able to enable the backup camera. It work for me on both my JK and KK. I’m not sure about the LED light hyper flash, but this adaptation might help:

IMG_9124.jpg

But I have never tried it.

USMC Wrangler

Well, I just tried this after completely returning mine to stock with the superchips. I adjusted axle ratio and tire size which caused mine to go into limp mode. I even tried programming three times without success. This is the OBD adapter I bought to use with my iPhone 7. It connected fine, but even with the CEL on, the app wouldn’t read the code.

IMG_7650.jpg

Top Bottom