OBD JScan - Program With Your Smart Phone

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Just got my Vgate today as well. Interested to see if changing the tire size to actually match is noticeable

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I was for me. I changed my
Tire size and gear ratio a couple days ago. My speedometer is dead on now compared to GPS. It’s been 5 mph off since I bought the Jeep. I also lowered my tpms set point to get the stupid light off. Those are about the only two options I can take advantage of but definitely worth the cost.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Received my Vgate OBDII WiFi reader yesterday and paid the $15 for Jscan app. Install was a little finicky but I was able to enable backup camera feature after messing with it for a bit. My dealer wanted over $100 to flash the computer. Thanks to OP for steering me towards this option and saving me some money.

You’re welcome! I hope it works out for you!

TRLJNKY

Which camera did you go with?
Sipaz, I'm smacking myself for not doimg this cheap install earlier. Took longer to run the wiring tham expected but thank you for the heads up with that cheap lil camera. works awesome and that was the only thing I needed. $12 and a few hours is well worth being able to see over the spare tire backing up. Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Sipaz, I'm smacking myself for not doimg this cheap install earlier. Took longer to run the wiring tham expected but thank you for the heads up with that cheap lil camera. works awesome and that was the only thing I needed. $12 and a few hours is well worth being able to see over the spare tire backing up. Thanks again.

Glad it worked out! I contacted the app developer and asked if they could add the enable backup camera feature for a KK. Sounds like the update should be released for iOS in the next few days. My wife is looking forward to having one too!

sipafz

Caught the Bug
The App for iOS was updated to version 2.6.

Added support for 2006 - 2012 RAM Trucks and 2008 - 2017 Caravan.

Added new adaptation to prevent LED Light Flicker.

Added additional adaptations for JK, MK, XK, KK and more.

I see a JK beta version of enabling fog lights with high beams is back. I tested it and it’s still not working for me.

I also see that I should be able to enable the backup camera on a KK. I would like to do this, but my app won’t allow me to purchase a second single license for $17. The only option at this time is to purchase 3 more licenses for $36. The developer said it’s a limitation with the iOS App Store and that he’s working on it. I’m going to wait and see if it gets sorted out with the next update.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Just wondering if any of the JScan users tried the adaptation to keep the fog lights on while the high beams are on yet? I haven’t had any luck getting this to work, but a bunch of users have posted that it works on the Apps FB page. I wonder if it’s an Android / iOS thing? I’m using iOS.

TRLJNKY

Just wondering if any of the JScan users tried the adaptation to keep the fog lights on while the high beams are on yet? I haven’t had any luck getting this to work, but a bunch of users have posted that it works on the Apps FB page. I wonder if it’s an Android / iOS thing? I’m using iOS.
Screenshot_20190327-173914_OBD+JScan.jpg My fogs are working with high beams. I set the settings per the screenshot

TRLJNKY

I did the exact same thing, but no luck. Looks like you’re on the android platform?
These guys seem like they are on top of their R&D so I cant imagine it would be long before they have a fix. Saw a couple others on their page with ios issues with that feature also

sipafz

Caught the Bug
These guys seem like they are on top of their R&D so I cant imagine it would be long before they have a fix. Saw a couple others on their page with ios issues with that feature also

Not life or death, but I do hope to see someone post either success or failure with iOS. I’m going to disconnect the battery tomorrow to reset the ECU and try again.

Glad to see people enjoying and sharing the app. It’s pretty cool to have a developer that is willing to listen to us and add functions we want.

sm31

Welcome to Wayalife. Stop by and give a wave.
https://wayalife.com/forumdisplay.php/11-Give-us-a-Wave

Is it your app?

I seriously doubt it. The developer is in Europe, and replies to emails with somewhat broken english.

Edit: On the topic of OBD JScan... I'm wondering if setting the TPMS value to "0" would effectively disable it, meaning I don't get a warning light if I'm not running sensors. Going to be running a set of beadlocks with no TPMS sensors in a few days, so I'll be curious to try it out.

Last edited:

mattfl

I seriously doubt it. The developer is in Europe, and replies to emails with somewhat broken english.

Edit: On the topic of OBD JScan... I'm wondering if setting the TPMS value to "0" would effectively disable it, meaning I don't get a warning light if I'm not running sensors. Going to be running a set of beadlocks with no TPMS sensors in a few days, so I'll be curious to try it out.

There is an adaptation to turn the TPMS completely off, that's what you'll want to do to completely disable it.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Welcome to Wayalife. Stop by and give a wave.
https://wayalife.com/forumdisplay.php/11-Give-us-a-Wave

Is it your app?

Glad to see people like you fucking off. Take your shit elsewhere.

It’s not his app. As mentioned he has a YouTube channel and posted a video about it about a month ago.

On the bright side the iOS app was updated to 2.7 overnight and I was able to disable the fog light drop with high beams. That made my day!

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
It’s not his app. As mentioned he has a YouTube channel and posted a video about it about a month ago.

On the bright side the iOS app was updated to 2.7 overnight and I was able to disable the fog light drop with high beams. That made my day!

That’s strange, because that was his first post.

Top Bottom