Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Real" lift height

"Real" lift height

This sounds like one of those math problems that looks easy but the easy answer is wrong:

If I am getting a 3.5" lift and increasing the diameter of my tires by 3", how much higher will the seats be?

I'm asking mostly to see if I will need better grabby handles to help my daughter and her friends get in the back seat.

My first thought was 6.5" higher but that seems too easy...

Depends on how much lift you actually get from said lift kit, tire pressure and where the sun is overhead at the time of entry.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

That's pretty much what I thought. Thanks

To be clear, not all 3.5" of lift will give you 3.5" of lift and, if your tire really were 3" wider in diameter (never are - most are a lot smaller), you would only be getting 1.5" of additional lift from it. At best, you are looking at 5" - NOT 6.5"

The 35s I'm putting on really are 3" wider because the stock 32s are actually a little under 32.

Good to know that I won't be going up 6.5" though, or I'd have to get a step stool for the kids

Mine is 6" taller after the 3.5" lift and my 35" tires

Quote Originally Posted by JKULIFE View Post
    Mine is 6" taller after the 3.5" lift and my 35" tires
    Some manufacturers give your more lift than advertised. My Teraflex lift gave me a little more than 4 inches even though its supposed to be a 3" kit.

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadJeeper View Post
    The 35s I'm putting on really are 3" wider because the stock 32s are actually a little under 32.

Good to know that I won't be going up 6.5" though, or I'd have to get a step stool for the kids
    All tires measure smaller than what is written on the sidewalls and some are even smaller depending on what brand you get. Your stock 32's should measure closer to 30" and something like a 35" BFG MT would measure closer to 32.5" where as a Goodyear MT/R would measure more like 33.5". Still the amount of lift you get will come from the "radius" of the tire and NOT the "diameter". Again, even if you were to get a tire that is 3" wider in diameter, you would only be getting 1.5" of total lift from them.

Quote Originally Posted by jkjurny View Post
    Some manufacturers give your more lift than advertised. My Teraflex lift gave me a little more than 4 inches even though its supposed to be a 3" kit.
    Yup, what he said.

All good stuff to know. The measurements I got were taken with a measuring tape, not by reading sidewalls

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast