Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Best DIY jk mods??

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by sipafz View Post
    Nice looking table, but pressure treated lumber? I wouldn’t use it as a cutting board or put food directly on it. It’s well documented that you shouldn’t use chemical treated wood for cutting boards or counter tops. Just FYI...
    I’m coating it with polyurethane to seal it off

2009 JK sunset orange, inner tub line-X'd, 35's, Cage type roof rack, bed lined inner hard top, 12k winch, Tepui RTT, and other overpriced pieces of jeep stuff

Best DIY jk mods??

Bump....

DIY Budget Boost: If you have a shitload of time, access to materials, engine lathe and knee mill then maybe you too can make your own lift kit.

Coil Spacers and Bump Extensions:

IMG_6838.JPG

IMG_6837.JPG

Shock Extensions:

IMG_6759.jpg

IMG_6760.jpg

Even cut your stock links in half and extend them:

IMG_6805.jpg

IMG_6811.jpg

Details can be found here:

Oscar's No Build Thread - DIY Budget Boost:

https://wayalife.com/showpost.php?p=1024241

Bump....

DIY Budget Boost: If you have a shitload of time, access to materials, engine lathe and knee mill then maybe you too can make your own lift kit.

Coil Spacers and Bump Extensions:

IMG_6838.JPG

IMG_6837.JPG

Shock Extensions:

IMG_6759.jpg

IMG_6760.jpg

Even cut your stock links in half and extend them:

IMG_6805.jpg

IMG_6811.jpg

Details can be found here:

Oscar's No Build Thread - DIY Budget Boost:

https://wayalife.com/showpost.php?p=1024241
    Very cool

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Delrin Door Hinge Liners:

If you have access to an engine lathe, then door liners should be at the top of your DIY list.

Start with some 3/4” Dia. Delrin Rod. Turn the OD to .522” +/-.001” x 1 7/16” back. Drill 11.5mm or 29/64” x 1 1/2” deep. Break all sharp corners with a file and cut-off using a parting tool to 1 1/2” overall length (1/16” flange thickness). Chamfer the bore on the cut-off end and install.

IMG_6846.jpg

IMG_6847.jpg

IMG_6843.jpg

This mod cost me zero dollars since I already had the material and took about 4hrs to do all 4 doors including the removal of the old liners:

IMG_6848.jpg

Nothing but a Thing Zstairlessone's Avatar
    Delrin Door Hinge Liners:

If you have access to an engine lathe, then door liners should be at the top of your DIY list.

Start with some 3/4” Dia. Delrin Rod. Turn the OD to .522” +/-.001” x 1 7/16” back. Drill 11.5mm or 29/64” x 1 1/2” deep. Break all sharp corners with a file and cut-off using a parting tool to 1 1/2” overall length (1/16” flange thickness). Chamfer the bore on the cut-off end and install.

IMG_6846.jpg

IMG_6847.jpg

IMG_6843.jpg

This mod cost me zero dollars since I already had the material and took about 4hrs to do all 4 doors including the removal of the old liners:

IMG_6848.jpg
    Nice, definitely a to-do (gonna have to buy them though)

Best DIY jk mods??

Bumping one of my favorite threads...

Backup Camera - Adding one no longer requires a trip to the dealership to activate the backup camera function within the ECU. This can be done on the cheap with the new OBD JScan app for iOS or Android, a WiFi or Bluetooth OBDII Adapter and a smart phone. Hardware consists of the camera of your choice, harness for the 430 series head unit, RCA Coupler, assorted electrical connectors, tape and wire ties. This can easily be done for less then $100 and takes about 4hrs if you’re handy:

IMG_8465.jpg

IMG_8464.jpg

IMG_8463.jpg

More detail can be found here:

https://wayalife.com/showpost.php?p=1121162
    Last edited by sipafz; 03-15-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Backup Camera - Adding one no longer requires a trip to the dealership to activate the backup camera function within the ECU. This can be done on the cheap with the new OBD JScan app for iOS or Android, a WiFi or Bluetooth OBDII Adapter and a cell phone. Hardware consists of the camera of your choice, harness for the 430 series head unit, RCA Coupler, assorted electrical connectors, tape and wire ties. This can easily be done for less then $100 and takes about 4hrs if you’re handy:

IMG_8465.jpg

IMG_8464.jpg

IMG_8463.jpg

Will it work with the 730N?

Quote Originally Posted by 2nd.gunman View Post
    Will it work with the 730N?

I believe so. The JScan app “activates” the ECU for the backup camera option, no matter the head unit. If I remember right the 730N is the same as the 430N with the exception of traffic updates. The back of the head unit should be the same and it should have an empty receptacle for the wire harness. I would double check it or do a little more research just to make sure that you order the right harness.

Backup Camera - Adding one no longer requires a trip to the dealership to activate the backup camera function within the ECU. This can be done on the cheap with the new OBD JScan app for iOS or Android, a WiFi or Bluetooth OBDII Adapter and a cell phone. Hardware consists of the camera of your choice, harness for the 430 series head unit, RCA Coupler, assorted electrical connectors, tape and wire ties. This can easily be done for less then $100 and takes about 4hrs if you’re handy:

Nicely done! Very clean install

2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Wow missed this thread when I built my rear tire carrier and bumper a year or two ago. It was cool seeing what members have pulled off through the years. Some great projects. Seeings how its still making rounds, this was a fun build for me.20190315_074248.jpeg20190315_074412.jpeg20190315_074435.jpg20190315_074459.jpeg20190315_074602.jpeg20190315_074637.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast