Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2013 SEMA Knuckles Off Road Jeep JK Wrangler 4-Door

Been Around the Block JKBANDIT55's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebacker View Post
    The whole effect of the hood, grill and paint gives the front a predator look. Bad ass!
    x2! It looks mean!
    2012 JKUS|KNUCKLES OFF ROAD|JKS|AFE|ZONE OFFROAD|37" MTRKs|TERAFLEX|
    Instagram- JKBANDIT55

As a concept I think it looks great...but the execution isnt quite what I would want it to look like. The paint scheme for the hood/body is too busy and takes away from their products
    2013 Dune JKU Rubicon <-- Build Thread

37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" ATX Slabs, EVO BO Coilovers Front and Rear, GenRight Rear Tire Carrier, RK Front lower Control Arms, Adams 1310 Front DS, LOD Sliders, DynoMax Comp Exhaust, EVO ProTek Skids, Fender Trim, EVO 1/4 Pounder and stinger, Warn 9.5ti, EVO C-Gussets, AEV Procal, Trektop NX

***Buy Jeep parts Made in the U.S.A.!!!***

I have never understood the design/reason for the rear tire carrier. Why would you want to place your 100+ lbs of tire and wheel that high up and on a crazy angle? Makes no sense, not very functional
    2009 Black Rubicon Unlimited
    EVO Long Arm w/Envy Links
    EVO Front Double Throw Down
    EVO Lever Rear w/Double Throw Down
    Dynatrac Pro Rock 60's f/r
    PSC hydraulic ram assist
    Mastercraft Baja RS seats
    J.E. Reel 1350 drive shafts
    ATX Slab wheels
    40" Nitto Mud Grapplers

Quote Originally Posted by GCM 2 View Post
    I have never understood the design/reason for the rear tire carrier. Why would you want to place your 100+ lbs of tire and wheel that high up and on a crazy angle? Makes no sense, not very functional
    It's a design idea and that's what SEMA is all about. However, even for a guy GCM2's size, a solo tire change would be difficult. OK, so I'm 5'5" and I've got a flat on the freeway. I'm F*#KED!
    Embrace the Recoil!

Quote Originally Posted by Linebacker View Post
    It's a design idea and that's what SEMA is all about. However, even for a guy GCM2's size, a solo tire change would be difficult. OK, so I'm 5'5" and I've got a flat on the freeway. I'm F*#KED!
    While it is Sema, this has been their main seller for tire carrier for a couple of years now. I like the "out of the box" design and thinking but, being practical, its not for me!
    2013 Dune JKU Rubicon <-- Build Thread

37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" ATX Slabs, EVO BO Coilovers Front and Rear, GenRight Rear Tire Carrier, RK Front lower Control Arms, Adams 1310 Front DS, LOD Sliders, DynoMax Comp Exhaust, EVO ProTek Skids, Fender Trim, EVO 1/4 Pounder and stinger, Warn 9.5ti, EVO C-Gussets, AEV Procal, Trektop NX

***Buy Jeep parts Made in the U.S.A.!!!***

Been Around the Block JKBANDIT55's Avatar
    Lol I helped lift one of their 40" tires on their carrier the other day. Geezus 40s are heavy! No way in hell can I put one on any carrier by myself.

But I'm good friends with the guys and they are just exploring options. It's actually adjustable to 3 different positions, straight up and down, slanted as seen above, and has an option to lay flat across the cargo area if you have a bikini top.

From what I was told, the slanted and flat across the cargo area options are mainly for rigs with wider wheels (15.5") to help departure angles. And to offer customers a different look that's adjustable.
    2012 JKUS|KNUCKLES OFF ROAD|JKS|AFE|ZONE OFFROAD|37" MTRKs|TERAFLEX|
    Instagram- JKBANDIT55

You and me both. All that weight up high like that and just in the rear. I can't imagine how it would behave driving hard and fast through the desert. Still, there are a lot of guys that like it - to each their own I guess.

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by JKBANDIT55 View Post
    Lol I helped lift one of their 40" tires on their carrier the other day. Geezus 40s are heavy! No way in hell can I put one on any carrier by myself.

But I'm good friends with the guys and they are just exploring options. It's actually adjustable to 3 different positions, straight up and down, slanted as seen above, and has an option to lay flat across the cargo area if you have a bikini top.

From what I was told, the slanted and flat across the cargo area options are mainly for rigs with wider wheels (15.5") to help departure angles. And to offer customers a different look that's adjustable.
    Start doing dead lifts.. Lifting that 40 will be a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by eeftw View Post
    Start doing dead lifts.. Lifting that 40 will be a lot easier.
    how much does a 40 weigh? personally i can dead lift 400 (not as much as greg there but i hold my own)
    I post therefore I am!!!!
    Anything worth doing is worth overdoing!!

Quote Originally Posted by 10frank9 View Post
    It's obvious. He must be sponsored by KOR just like you sponsor my rig. Come on Ed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tigrcky View Post
    how much does a 40 weigh? personally i can dead lift 400 (not as much as greg there but i hold my own)
    A Toyo 40x15.50 mounted on an ATX Slab weighs 187 lbs.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast