Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: 2013 SEMA Knuckles Off Road Jeep JK Wrangler 4-Door

  1. #11
    Been Around the Block JKBANDIT55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebacker View Post
    The whole effect of the hood, grill and paint gives the front a predator look. Bad ass!
    x2! It looks mean!
    2012 JKUS|KNUCKLES OFF ROAD|JKS|AFE|ZONE OFFROAD|37" MTRKs|TERAFLEX|
    Instagram- JKBANDIT55

  2. #12
    Addict StrizzyChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SouthWest OH
    Posts
    5,164
    As a concept I think it looks great...but the execution isnt quite what I would want it to look like. The paint scheme for the hood/body is too busy and takes away from their products
    2013 Dune JKU Rubicon <-- Build Thread

    37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" ATX Slabs, EVO BO Coilovers Front and Rear, GenRight Rear Tire Carrier, RK Front lower Control Arms, Adams 1310 Front DS, LOD Sliders, DynoMax Comp Exhaust, EVO ProTek Skids, Fender Trim, EVO 1/4 Pounder and stinger, Warn 9.5ti, EVO C-Gussets, AEV Procal, Trektop NX

    ***Buy Jeep parts Made in the U.S.A.!!!***

  3. #13
    Old Timer GCM 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    3,917
    I have never understood the design/reason for the rear tire carrier. Why would you want to place your 100+ lbs of tire and wheel that high up and on a crazy angle? Makes no sense, not very functional
    2009 Black Rubicon Unlimited
    EVO Long Arm w/Envy Links
    EVO Front Double Throw Down
    EVO Lever Rear w/Double Throw Down
    Dynatrac Pro Rock 60's f/r
    PSC hydraulic ram assist
    Mastercraft Baja RS seats
    J.E. Reel 1350 drive shafts
    ATX Slab wheels
    40" Nitto Mud Grapplers

  4. #14
    Nothing but a Thing Linebacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Evergreen, CO
    Posts
    2,393
    Quote Originally Posted by GCM 2 View Post
    I have never understood the design/reason for the rear tire carrier. Why would you want to place your 100+ lbs of tire and wheel that high up and on a crazy angle? Makes no sense, not very functional
    It's a design idea and that's what SEMA is all about. However, even for a guy GCM2's size, a solo tire change would be difficult. OK, so I'm 5'5" and I've got a flat on the freeway. I'm F*#KED!
    Embrace the Recoil!

  5. #15
    Addict StrizzyChris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    SouthWest OH
    Posts
    5,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebacker View Post
    It's a design idea and that's what SEMA is all about. However, even for a guy GCM2's size, a solo tire change would be difficult. OK, so I'm 5'5" and I've got a flat on the freeway. I'm F*#KED!
    While it is Sema, this has been their main seller for tire carrier for a couple of years now. I like the "out of the box" design and thinking but, being practical, its not for me!
    2013 Dune JKU Rubicon <-- Build Thread

    37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" ATX Slabs, EVO BO Coilovers Front and Rear, GenRight Rear Tire Carrier, RK Front lower Control Arms, Adams 1310 Front DS, LOD Sliders, DynoMax Comp Exhaust, EVO ProTek Skids, Fender Trim, EVO 1/4 Pounder and stinger, Warn 9.5ti, EVO C-Gussets, AEV Procal, Trektop NX

    ***Buy Jeep parts Made in the U.S.A.!!!***

  6. #16
    Been Around the Block JKBANDIT55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    419
    Quote Originally Posted by GCM 2 View Post
    I have never understood the design/reason for the rear tire carrier. Why would you want to place your 100+ lbs of tire and wheel that high up and on a crazy angle? Makes no sense, not very functional
    Lol I helped lift one of their 40" tires on their carrier the other day. Geezus 40s are heavy! No way in hell can I put one on any carrier by myself.

    But I'm good friends with the guys and they are just exploring options. It's actually adjustable to 3 different positions, straight up and down, slanted as seen above, and has an option to lay flat across the cargo area if you have a bikini top.

    From what I was told, the slanted and flat across the cargo area options are mainly for rigs with wider wheels (15.5") to help departure angles. And to offer customers a different look that's adjustable.
    2012 JKUS|KNUCKLES OFF ROAD|JKS|AFE|ZONE OFFROAD|37" MTRKs|TERAFLEX|
    Instagram- JKBANDIT55

  7. #17
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    51,954
    Quote Originally Posted by GCM 2 View Post
    I have never understood the design/reason for the rear tire carrier. Why would you want to place your 100+ lbs of tire and wheel that high up and on a crazy angle? Makes no sense, not very functional
    You and me both. All that weight up high like that and just in the rear. I can't imagine how it would behave driving hard and fast through the desert. Still, there are a lot of guys that like it - to each their own I guess.

  8. #18
    Hooked
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Montgomery AL
    Posts
    102
    Quote Originally Posted by JKBANDIT55 View Post
    Lol I helped lift one of their 40" tires on their carrier the other day. Geezus 40s are heavy! No way in hell can I put one on any carrier by myself.

    But I'm good friends with the guys and they are just exploring options. It's actually adjustable to 3 different positions, straight up and down, slanted as seen above, and has an option to lay flat across the cargo area if you have a bikini top.

    From what I was told, the slanted and flat across the cargo area options are mainly for rigs with wider wheels (15.5") to help departure angles. And to offer customers a different look that's adjustable.
    Start doing dead lifts.. Lifting that 40 will be a lot easier.

  9. #19
    Old Timer Tigrcky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Gunnison, Colorado
    Posts
    3,289
    Quote Originally Posted by eeftw View Post
    Start doing dead lifts.. Lifting that 40 will be a lot easier.
    how much does a 40 weigh? personally i can dead lift 400 (not as much as greg there but i hold my own)
    I post therefore I am!!!!
    Anything worth doing is worth overdoing!!

  10. #20
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    51,954
    Quote Originally Posted by 10frank9 View Post
    It's obvious. He must be sponsored by KOR just like you sponsor my rig. Come on Ed!


    Quote Originally Posted by Tigrcky View Post
    how much does a 40 weigh? personally i can dead lift 400 (not as much as greg there but i hold my own)
    A Toyo 40x15.50 mounted on an ATX Slab weighs 187 lbs.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS