2013 SEMA Knuckles Off Road Jeep JK Wrangler 4-Door

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In the far reaches of the south hall, we just happened to come across this Jeep JK Wrangler at the 2013 SEMA Show. While there were no signs for it, I think it's safe to say that it belongs to Knuckles Off Road...

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

NAUJK

That bumper tire carrier combo is kinda insane! :crazyeyes:

Seems a but much for me. Still a very interesting Jeep

JKBANDIT55

Wow, glad to see Dennis at least got his jeep there! Things didnt go as planned as far as the build, but loving their bumpers!

StrizzyChris

As a concept I think it looks great...but the execution isnt quite what I would want it to look like. The paint scheme for the hood/body is too busy and takes away from their products :twocents:

GCM 2

I have never understood the design/reason for the rear tire carrier. Why would you want to place your 100+ lbs of tire and wheel that high up and on a crazy angle? Makes no sense, not very functional :thinking:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I have never understood the design/reason for the rear tire carrier. Why would you want to place your 100+ lbs of tire and wheel that high up and on a crazy angle? Makes no sense, not very functional :thinking:

It's a design idea and that's what SEMA is all about. However, even for a guy GCM2's size, a solo tire change would be difficult. OK, so I'm 5'5" and I've got a flat on the freeway. I'm F*#KED!:mad:

StrizzyChris

It's a design idea and that's what SEMA is all about. However, even for a guy GCM2's size, a solo tire change would be difficult. OK, so I'm 5'5" and I've got a flat on the freeway. I'm F*#KED!:mad:

While it is Sema, this has been their main seller for tire carrier for a couple of years now. I like the "out of the box" design and thinking but, being practical, its not for me!

JKBANDIT55

Lol I helped lift one of their 40" tires on their carrier the other day. Geezus 40s are heavy! No way in hell can I put one on any carrier by myself.

But I'm good friends with the guys and they are just exploring options. It's actually adjustable to 3 different positions, straight up and down, slanted as seen above, and has an option to lay flat across the cargo area if you have a bikini top.

From what I was told, the slanted and flat across the cargo area options are mainly for rigs with wider wheels (15.5") to help departure angles. And to offer customers a different look that's adjustable.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

You and me both. All that weight up high like that and just in the rear. I can't imagine how it would behave driving hard and fast through the desert. Still, there are a lot of guys that like it - to each their own I guess.

eeftw

Lol I helped lift one of their 40" tires on their carrier the other day. Geezus 40s are heavy! No way in hell can I put one on any carrier by myself.

But I'm good friends with the guys and they are just exploring options. It's actually adjustable to 3 different positions, straight up and down, slanted as seen above, and has an option to lay flat across the cargo area if you have a bikini top.

From what I was told, the slanted and flat across the cargo area options are mainly for rigs with wider wheels (15.5") to help departure angles. And to offer customers a different look that's adjustable.

Start doing dead lifts.. Lifting that 40 will be a lot easier. :cheesy::rock:

Top Bottom