Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Been Around the Block Kruebicon's Avatar
    Id drain then dexcool if it were me,save you 50$

If your not living and having fun,your dead already
    👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by Kruebicon View Post
    Id drain then dexcool if it were me,save you 50$
    There could be more to it though. If you are going for a full drain, you cant. short of pulling freeze plugs, even pulling the lower coolant hose will only remove half of the coolant.

If you want to start fresh, you have to flush it multiple times to get all the old coolant out of it. Use distilled water and run it up to temperature so the thermostat opens as well. Some may also run their heater as well.

Been Around the Block Kruebicon's Avatar
    Your rite

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Been Around the Block
    Had a bad radiator in my 14 and the dealership replaced it. It tells me to use item # 68163849AB and this is what the same dealership sold me several months back when I was low on coolant. Fast forward to the radiator replacement and they put in 68163848AB. Not sure the difference between 49AB and 48AB but they seem to both be OAT. Looks like they might just be UOM sold.

Can anyone verify this for me?

Quote Originally Posted by mastrcruse View Post
    Had a bad radiator in my 14 and the dealership replaced it. It tells me to use item # 68163849AB and this is what the same dealership sold me several months back when I was low on coolant. Fast forward to the radiator replacement and they put in 68163848AB. Not sure the difference between 49AB and 48AB but they seem to both be OAT. Looks like they might just be UOM sold.

Can anyone verify this for me?
    I would check with the parts department at the dealer. A lot of times, parts can be updated and the part number will be superseded by another number.

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    I would check with the parts department at the dealer. A lot of times, parts can be updated and the part number will be superseded by another number.
    Ah good idea...didn't think of that. During a search, both seem to come up as OAT.

Quote Originally Posted by mastrcruse View Post
    Ah good idea...didn't think of that. During a search, both seem to come up as OAT.
    The 48AB is full concentrate, the 49AB is 50/50 premix.

If you even need to buy more, get the full concentrate and use distilled water from any grocery store of your choosing.

Been Around the Block
    Quote Originally Posted by Frydaddy View Post
    The 48AB is full concentrate, the 49AB is 50/50 premix.

If you even need to buy more, get the full concentrate and use distilled water from any grocery store of your choosing.
    Thanks...appreciate it.

Great Post! I own a 2013 JK 10A Rubicon. I went to my dealer's part department and put in my VIN number to make sure it was the correct part number. They may charge you more than expected but it is worth to have peace of mind.

I utilize the (left over fluid) to maintain the proper level. I also utilized a Silver permanent marker and put the OAT reference / reminder on the top of my radiator.

Stay safe,

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Great info, this is why I went to the dealer's parts dept and asked them to look up what my particular vehicle takes. Always save receipts if there is a problem down the road you have a record. They gave me the 150K (purple-ish) stuff for my 2014. Pretty sure it was only $25 bucks or so, not sure where the OP got that price info.
    2014 - JKU - 6 sp

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast