Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: Lets see your work shop or garage

Quote Originally Posted by DeJkUnlimited View Post
    Well it works. Iím not going to run it overnight so I canít talk about itís performance until tomorrow. Glad to be done that part of the project.

Attachment 338404

Attachment 338405
    Turned out really cool. Jealous of your garage.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well it works. Iím not going to run it overnight so I canít talk about itís performance until tomorrow. Glad to be done that part of the project.

Attachment 338404

Attachment 338405
    Turned out great! Having the heat out there everything a lot easier.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Knows a Thing or Two DeJkUnlimited's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy5160 View Post
    Turned out really cool. Jealous of your garage.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    Turned out great! Having the heat out there everything a lot easier.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    Thank you! Iím very happy how itís coming together. The only thing left that I may look into is re-engineering the section of ceiling above the lift so that I can use the entirety of its height without worrying about hitting anything. As it is now, I can safely get the center tires on my Jeep to about shoulder level without coming close to touching the ceiling. I can work with that if I have to, but if I can buy myself another 18-24Ē that would be even better. If this last leg of the project is too complex to take on, then Iíll just deal with the insulation and call it a day.

Thank you! Iím very happy how itís coming together. The only thing left that I may look into is re-engineering the section of ceiling above the lift so that I can use the entirety of its height without worrying about hitting anything. As it is now, I can safely get the center tires on my Jeep to about shoulder level without coming close to touching the ceiling. I can work with that if I have to, but if I can buy myself another 18-24Ē that would be even better. If this last leg of the project is too complex to take on, then Iíll just deal with the insulation and call it a day.
    Post up a picture of what the trusses or framing looks like above in the attic. I might be able to steer you in a simple direction depending on how they framed it.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Post up a picture of what the trusses or framing looks like above in the attic. I might be able to steer you in a simple direction depending on how they framed it.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    Ok, will do. It may take a few days to find an opportunity...

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    Ok, will do. It may take a few days to find an opportunity...
    I’ll be curious to hear your thoughts....I have some ideas but I also may be overthinking it. Of course when safety is involved, that’s not a bad thing. But if there’s a simpler solution than what I imagine I’d do, I’m all for it. I’m most curious about the weight the trusses bear and if the trusses bear more weight from the drywall below or the roof overhead. I did notice the ceiling “joists” as a part of the trusses are all 2x4s. And we’re talking about a section about 8’ wide by 10-12’ long.

Iíll be curious to hear your thoughts....I have some ideas but I also may be overthinking it. Of course when safety is involved, thatís not a bad thing. But if thereís a simpler solution than what I imagine Iíd do, Iím all for it. Iím most curious about the weight the trusses bear and if the trusses bear more weight from the drywall below or the roof overhead. I did notice the ceiling ďjoistsĒ as a part of the trusses are all 2x4s. And weíre talking about a section about 8í wide by 10-12í long.
    Most of you load is actually the roof load, or snow load on top your roof. Typically, when we modify roof trusses, my engineer has me plywood one side of the truss(s) that is going to be cut. Usually 1/2 ply screwed at 6Ē centers.

If your going to do it, once you cut the hole where you plan open up the ceiling, you bring the plywood up through the hole, screw it to the trusses, then cut the bottom web out.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Decluttering with some new cabinets.

Before:

IMG_20191229_162547_784.jpg

After:

IMG_20191229_162621_025.jpg
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Decluttering with some new cabinets.

Before:

IMG_20191229_162547_784.jpg

After:

IMG_20191229_162621_025.jpg
    Nice an clean!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler