Happy fiancé or happy hunt?

Jeepmaverick

Sooo I'm in a pickle. Today is the last day I'll have a chance to duck hunt till next season (season ends Sunday here in Texas). We are not officially engaged yet but it is on the horizon...she's mad I'm going. I told her I'd be back for dinner...should I get one last hunt in and be satisfied or suffer till November 2nd and make her happy? Oh and I'm trying to get a nice mallard or canvasback drake to mount that's my main reason for going. Regardless the spot has never let me down. HELP!!!!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i would say dont go out. a little sacrifice now can make all the difference down the line (from what im told lol)

FrankenJeeper

i would say dont go out. a little sacrifice now can make all the difference down the line (from what im told lol)

Wise advice, my fiance has always supported me in doing what I want to do since the beginning, but the few times she's asked me to stay home, I have. You have to make her happy if you want her to make you happy. :thumb:

JK12

What's the saying?... It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission? Something like that

Hobolobo

Happy wife, happy life. I wouldn't go. I know it a hard call to make, but stay home and you won't regret it.

JKNick07

In the same exact dilemma here man or I was yesterday.. was gonna take a trip down to NC and hunt today actually.. would be my last time going since season ends on the 25th in NC. Long story short.. here I am at work typing away but just like hobolobo said happy wife happy life right? hahah

MTG

Caught the Bug
Let's see...

1) she is not your wife;
2) she is not even your fiance; and
3) she is mad that you are doing something that you clearly love to do. :thinking:

Sorry, I've got news for you....that part of your life isn't going to get any better from here on out. Based on what you've said I'd go hunting...but for a new girl. :yup:

Of course, if you've only given half the story and painted a biased picture of the situation (e.g. you've been hunting every weekend since the season started and have not been spending time with your girl) then that advice would change. ;)

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Let's see...

1) she is not your wife;
2) she is not even your fiance; and
3) she is mad that you are doing something that you clearly love to do. :thinking:

Sorry, I've got news for you....that part of your life isn't going to get any better from here on out. Based on what you've said I'd go hunting...but for a new girl. :yup:

Of course, if you've only given half the story and painted a biased picture of the situation (e.g. you've been hunting every weekend since the season started and have not been spending time with your girl) then that advice would change. ;)

X2! Go hunting.

beans

Sooo I'm in a pickle. Today is the last day I'll have a chance to duck hunt till next season (season ends Sunday here in Texas). We are not officially engaged yet but it is on the horizon...she's mad I'm going. I told her I'd be back for dinner...should I get one last hunt in and be satisfied or suffer till November 2nd and make her happy? Oh and I'm trying to get a nice mallard or canvasback drake to mount that's my main reason for going. Regardless the spot has never let me down. HELP!!!!

I think I'm in the minority here and I'm no expert on relationships (although I am very happily married). My advise is that in order to have a happy relationship and happy future, there has to be understanding on both sides for ones reasonable (legal) hobbies. No matter how silly they may seem to the other person. Is she mad that you are going Duck hunting in general? Is this always an issue? If my husband said he was going I wouldn't argue--he has to be able to enjoy the things he did before we met (outside of women lol) otherwise he would be unhappy and ultimately so would I. However, he does things for me. I drag him down to the Berlin Ohio for fabrics and other things I need for church (he hates going) but he does it and as a result I don't pout about the things he enjoys. Stay or go, but I would ask her (nicely) if this is going to be a continuous issue. I would also ask why she's upset over one trip. Is it her birthday or something like that? You could always promise to take her out afterwards to a nice restaurant (and keep it). There will be times, when you may want to do guy stuff and it just isn't right to take that away. The same implies for things she enjoys.

Jeepmaverick

The hunt is over in regards to the girl...I love her to death just waiting to get her the ring she deserves. We went out together last week on lake o' the pines and did alright, she's not too fond of one of my hunting buddies I think is the reason. But 4 so far in bout 30 minutes and more on the water further out :)

beans

The hunt is over in regards to the girl...I love her to death just waiting to get her the ring she deserves. We went out together last week on lake o' the pines and did alright, she's not too fond of one of my hunting buddies I think is the reason. But 4 so far in bout 30 minutes and more on the water further out :)

I would hope she will learn to accept your love for hunting. It's part of who you are, which I would guess is the reason she loves you in return. Quirks and Hobbies are what make the person an individual. Marriage can only work if a person accepts a very large part of that :)

/By the way--rings. We don't wear them. But my opinions on expensive jewelry probably isn't relevant lol :D :D
//slashies!!

Last edited:

Jeepmaverick

She accepts it and loves that I hunt, it's just a weird day and weird situation. We get along great all the time just rough timing. Thanks guys(and ma'am) :)

Vichus

What about taking her with you? If you're going to have a long term relationship, it would be awesome if you could get her interested in some of the things you like to do. I got Beans interested in Jeeping and now she loves it!

JKNick07

Nice! What kinda ducks you bagged so far?

Jeepmaverick

Bagged 3 mallards (drake and 2 hen), 4 gadwall drakes, 3 teal and 1 ring neck drake. We were one short of bagging out between us.

Top Bottom