I'd like to see a WAYALIFE Experience!!

CTX-Ross

I have spent HOURS watching all the JK Experience videos and I'd love to see something like this put on for every jeep here. I'm new here so maybe this is something that has/is being/been done. Just a thought!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have spent HOURS watching all the JK Experience videos and I'd love to see something like this put on for every jeep here. I'm new here so maybe this is something that has/is being/been done. Just a thought!

well there is the Ultimate Adventure which is similar to JKX. it has tons of different ORV on the trip. Now if it was just a Jeep Adventure you are talking about that would be a little different

CTX-Ross

Yea I would love to see just a jeep only trip. They seem to have a really good turnout for the JK Experience and I can only imagine what it would be like if it was everything from CJ's to XJ's.

CTX-Ross

I understand that completely, after watching all the videos I can only imagine the amount of work that goes into them. All I'm saying is I would love to see something like this in the future.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, Cindy and I would love nothing more than to do a trip like the JK-Experience. Unfortunately, the costs and logistics of doing something like it is more than we could manage or, at least right now. Even if everyone paid their way like they do on the JKX, we'd still need to have insurance and the cost for that is monumental unless you can piggyback it on a business that is required to have a policy covering events like it all year long. This is why we attend the JKX and cover it rather than doing it ourselves. But, you never know, maybe someday we can work something out.

CTX-Ross

Honestly, Cindy and I would love nothing more than to do a trip like the JK-Experience. Unfortunately, the costs and logistics of doing something like it is more than we could manage or, at least right now. Even if everyone paid their way like they do on the JKX, we'd still need to have insurance and the cost for that is monumental unless you can piggyback it on a business that is required to have a policy covering events like it all year long. This is why we attend the JKX and cover it rather than doing it ourselves. But, you never know, maybe someday we can work something out.

Now i was confused on the whole deal.. I thought that the JKX was put on by WAYALIFE. I understand how it all works now lol.

GCM 2

Now i was confused on the whole deal.. I thought that the JKX was put on by WAYALIFE. I understand how it all works now lol.

Easy to get it mixed up, the first year of the JKX (2009) had no video footage captured at all. The next two years (2010-2011) the main sponsor (another tire manufacturer, not the current Nitto Tire sponsor) had their actual full time professional camera crew that captured the event on video. The end resulting video produced was really pretty bad. Well it just so happens that on the 2011 JK Experience, the Wayoflife team came along for the journey and captured their film right along side the other professional crew being payed to film the event. Well as it turned out, and no real surprise to us, the Wayoflife film blew the other guys work away without even a question. Now, Wayoflife is the only film crew you will probably ever see making official JK Experience films. Who else understands how to better capture what it's like to go wheeling other than Wayoflife :thumb:

Edit: I screwed the dates up, Wayoflife, CarsonCindy and Moby did their first JKX in 2011!

Last edited:

Sithwindu

Easy to get it mixed up, the first year of the JKX (2008) had no video footage captured at all. The next two years (2009-2010) the main sponsor (another tire manufacturer, not the current Nitto Tire sponsor) had their actual full time professional camera crew that captured the event on video. The end resulting video produced was really pretty bad. Well it just so happens that on the 2010 JK Eperience, the Wayoflife team came along for the journey and captured their film right along side the other professional crew being payed to film the event. Well as it turned out, and no real surprise to us, the Wayoflife film blew the other guys work away without even a question. Now, Wayoflife is the only film crew you will probably ever see making official JK Experience films. Who else understands how to better capture what it's like to go wheeling other than Wayoflife :thumb:

I %100 agree with ya big dog, there's really no way these videos could be any better, Cindy and Eddie do it just right, could use more michael bay tho :p (jk!)

CTX-Ross

Easy to get it mixed up, the first year of the JKX (2008) had no video footage captured at all. The next two years (2009-2010) the main sponsor (another tire manufacturer, not the current Nitto Tire sponsor) had their actual full time professional camera crew that captured the event on video. The end resulting video produced was really pretty bad. Well it just so happens that on the 2010 JK Eperience, the Wayoflife team came along for the journey and captured their film right along side the other professional crew being payed to film the event. Well as it turned out, and no real surprise to us, the Wayoflife film blew the other guys work away without even a question. Now, Wayoflife is the only film crew you will probably ever see making official JK Experience films. Who else understands how to better capture what it's like to go wheeling other than Wayoflife :thumb:

Hey the sticker I am about to put on my TJ says it all about WAYALIFE in my opinion.. They just understand it all :)
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1390958173.829133.jpg

bl17z90

Not to mention you have to pay for the faulken tire video. And you won't see Evo Jeep because it was't running their tires.

Fragsrus

Wow, learn something new every day. I honestly had no idea that the JKX was anything other than a WOL hosted event.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, learn something new every day. I honestly had no idea that the JKX was anything other than a WOL hosted event.

Really? Even though it says right up front that it's the "Off Road Evolution JK-Experience presented by Nitto Tire"? :crazyeyes: :D

As mentioned, the JK-Experience is an event that we attend and try our best to cover from the perspective of an attendee. :yup:

Fragsrus

I figured they were sponsors but that the trip itself was coordinated by you guys.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

kyro

yep i have watch all the Video.s as well and would love to do a JKX but it along way from home if i break something lol;)

beans

We've have thinking something like that can be done by Wayalifers--kind of like a very large group unofficial camping trip--everyone gets together on their own, brings their own food, gas etc. My Husband and I know a place out West that is suitable for pretty much any kind of jeep and it could arranged around one of the of large parties (has nothing to do with automobiles, sponsors, charities) out there every year. The party in itself is another reason for going--its pretty incredible. Meaning, offroad, camp and then event. It is VERY remote and there wouldn't be sponsors, meaning you would need to come seriously prepared (water and what not). But its open to offroading, breathtaking in beauty and its easy/low-medium offroading. Its just a matter of planning. Meaning it would have to be done about a year in advance (because of timing, people saving money, people saving leave etc etc) and we would have to reserve an area large enough for us but somewhat near where the large party is.

But, I agree, we really like the idea of traveling/camping etc. and offroading in a special area with people from all over in Jeeps of all kinds. I'll ask him about it tonight and maybe we can post something a bit later :D :D

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I feel like one of the main reasons, other than a great sponsors and supporting crew, is that the jkx is limited to a certain ammount of vehicles. I feel that if you dont limit it, even just being a larger camping/wheeling trip, there would be too many people and it could become a nightmare. I have never been to the topless for tatas at rausch, but seeing pics there along for that even which is even limited, the trails look like parking lots.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
even just being a larger camping/wheeling trip, there would be too many people and it could become a nightmare. I have never been to the topless for tatas at rausch, but seeing pics there along for that even which is even limited, the trails look like parking lots.

i just talked to Kyle about Topless for TA-TAS the other day and he said just that. it is a nightmare. it takes FOREVER to run the trails on those two days but it is for a good cause

Top Bottom