Traildash 2012+

zeddjb

I'm terrible at trying to search for posts. I was curious about the Traildash from Superchips; I'm interested in getting one for my 2012 JKR. I went to the Superchips website http://www.superchips.com/Store/TrailDash.aspx and seen that they do now offer it for 2012's up to the 2014's.

So then I started looking on other website such as quadratech, northridge4x4, amazon and so forth, but when I searched for the product number 438753 all the products said only up to the 2010. Maybe they just haven't updated their descriptions yet, I dunno?:idontknow:

Anyone have a Traildash for a 2012 - 2014? Can anyone provide any insight or their experiences with it? If you have pictures of it mounted that would be very helpful as well. I'm just trying to research as much as possible before I buy it.

In5ane1

I'm terrible at trying to search for posts. I was curious about the Traildash from Superchips; I'm interested in getting one for my 2012 JKR. I went to the Superchips website http://www.superchips.com/Store/TrailDash.aspx and seen that they do now offer it for 2012's up to the 2014's.

So then I started looking on other website such as quadratech, northridge4x4, amazon and so forth, but when I searched for the product number 438753 all the products said only up to the 2010. Maybe they just haven't updated their descriptions yet, I dunno?:idontknow:

Anyone have a Traildash for a 2012 - 2014? Can anyone provide any insight or their experiences with it? If you have pictures of it mounted that would be very helpful as well. I'm just trying to research as much as possible before I buy it.

Go to Superchips Forum under Jeep and look at my post. Same question and initially the Superchip sales rep RON told me that you can't get this for the '11's and up as it was still in testing. I sent him the same link you just posted and he agreed they they do advertise on their own site that it does support through the 2014 JK's now. He then said he would have to go confirm with his engineers. So, I'm just as confused as you. I have a 2013 and was interested in this, but it seems even Superchips doesn't know what year they support. A little scary IMO...

TheDuff

The rumor mill says the traildash just needs an update to work on a 12-14. Since you have a Rubicon with auto trans you can benefit from all the trail dash features. I love mine and don't regret the purchase at all. I don't have any pictures of it on this phone, sorry.

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

In5ane1

The rumor mill says the traildash just needs an update to work on a 12-14. Since you have a Rubicon with auto trans you can benefit from all the trail dash features. I love mine and don't regret the purchase at all. I don't have any pictures of it on this phone, sorry.

Funny, the users know more about it than Superchips...lol

I don't have a rubicon, but I'm still debating. I like the PID monitoring and that the Traildash stays connected and has touchscreen functionality. I was curiuos if later down the road I would be able to hook aftermarket lockers up to it as well. Guessing it's just new enough where nobody has done this yet.

In5ane1

BTW,

If you chime in on the Superchip forums we may gain a little more traction on getting these answers instead of just one or two people. If you got a whole crew of crazy JKr's....then maybe they will get the ball rolling.

In5ane1

Not sure what is going on, but they have now removed the 2011-2014 Jk's from that Traildash page now. It now says through 2010. That just happened today, guess someone made a booboo. Funny though, the report I saw from 2013 SEMA show said they are supporting 2011 and up. Not sure what is going on, but it might be worth keeping up with. You would think by now they would have support on the 3.6L JK's.

In5ane1

Just got off the phone with these guys and now they are telling me that the Traildash will support up through 2013 models. 2014 models are not supported yet. Not sure what the differences are, but thought I'd share with you guys.

TheDuff

I talked with them at the booth at the offroad expo. The 2012+ support was my first question. The response was hopefully soon and would be via update. The eas system was on display. I don't see why a normal air locker couldn't be controlled by the trail dash, Looks like the eas power switch would just be used in place of a normal toggle switch and you would activate or deactivate it from the trail dash touch screen.

zeddjb

Not sure what is going on, but they have now removed the 2011-2014 Jk's from that Traildash page now. It now says through 2010. That just happened today, guess someone made a booboo. Funny though, the report I saw from 2013 SEMA show said they are supporting 2011 and up. Not sure what is going on, but it might be worth keeping up with. You would think by now they would have support on the 3.6L JK's.

That is hilarious; must have just happened about an hour ago because it wasn't like that this morning.

Now I wonder if I too should give them a call and ask about my 2012. I would be pretty upset if I was told they did support it and when I got it, that it in fact did not.

I guess my other question is, someone said something about a software update? So if I were to say buy one from amazon and it did not specifically say the 2012 was supported (but it was the same model number as on the Superchips website), would it just require a software update in order to work?

Personally I would rather get it from amazon because I can get special financing for it. I would buy it new of course, but I just don't want to throw $600+ at it all at once.

In5ane1

Just curious, if I had the 29" factory, then put on 33's...how noticeable would a recalibration be for driveability and such?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Just curious, if I had the 29" factory, then put on 33's...how noticeable would a recalibration be for driveability and such?

very noticable! your shift points will be way off, also your speedo will be off a good 5-10 mph at higher speeds.

In5ane1

very noticable! your shift points will be way off, also your speedo will be off a good 5-10 mph at higher speeds.

I do have the 3.21's...but I would have to imagine between recalibration and a performance tune that I would see a huge difference.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I do have the 3.21's...but I would have to imagine between recalibration and a performance tune that I would see a huge difference.

even without a performance tune you will see a difference. i had 3.73 gears in my 2011, when i went up to 32's and i didnt recalibrate it lagged a lot. i finally got a procal and it made a world of a difference. then for shits a giggles when i went up to 35's i drove around with it stil set for 32's and it was bad. when it was set to 35's it was a lot better.

In5ane1

even without a performance tune you will see a difference. i had 3.73 gears in my 2011, when i went up to 32's and i didnt recalibrate it lagged a lot. i finally got a procal and it made a world of a difference. then for shits a giggles when i went up to 35's i drove around with it stil set for 32's and it was bad. when it was set to 35's it was a lot better.

Good to know man, thanks! Mine sorta lags like you are talking about and sometimes the shfiting just feels off. I just never have bought a tuner. Guess, that's definitely next on my list. I'm kinda pumped!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Good to know man, thanks! Mine sorta lags like you are talking about and sometimes the shfiting just feels off. I just never have bought a tuner. Guess, that's definitely next on my list. I'm kinda pumped!

yea its something you should look into. if i could have gotta a superchips or something that i could have "tuned" my '11 with i would have but this damn ECU in the '11s screw everything up lol. went with the AEV procal. if i were you i would look into the superchips.

In5ane1

yea its something you should look into. if i could have gotta a superchips or something that i could have "tuned" my '11 with i would have but this damn ECU in the '11s screw everything up lol. went with the AEV procal. if i were you i would look into the superchips.

I've actually got a good sales pitch prepared for the wife on purchasing the Traildash. Heck, it's $100 more than the Flashpaq, seems like a no brainer! I'm just doing my research because seems like Superchips just started supporting the 2013's on it, and I wanted to make sure it was working good before I make the plunge!

In5ane1

My question still is: Is it really worth the plunge for the traildash over the flashcal when I would notice a difference by just calibrating my tires? I have a huge list of mods...but curious on if the tunes are worthwhile.:thinking:

TheDuff

If you have an auto and/or rubicon, imo it is worth the cost. I use the crawl tune and like the throttle change for rock crawling. For the highway I use the performance 87 tune and get a couple more mpg. with the increased throttle response it feels a little faster, but couldn't tell you if it actually gave an increase in hp on my 3.8

In5ane1

Got the Flashcal and HUGE difference in shifting. I have 3.21's and 33's. Mine came stock with the baby 29's and I never calibrated until now. I have no idea why...not near as miserable now!

zeddjb

Just Ordered

Well I just put the order in to get the Jeep Trail Dash for my 2012 JK. The website does indeed say that the performance tune is only for the 2007 - 2010 JKs which kinda sucks but I'm sure that will be a software upgrade eventually. Kind of curious as to why they don't offer any tunes yet for the new Pentastar engine; it must be that good. I just hope its worth it in the end.

ScreenShot049.jpg

Top Bottom