Traildash 2012+

zeddjb

Installed

Ok first impressions. This is going to be real quick and very dirty because I have only had it for 1 day.

So everyone is aware, I have a 2012 Rubi Auto-Trans.

I never contacted Superchips to get any info on this thing, I just ordered it and ran with it.

Ok on the main box, the sticker says "Now Covers 2011-2014". Ok that doesn't meany anything really because what we are interested in is the performance tunes.

As soon as I installed the unit, I immediately wanted to see if I could run the 87 octane tune. The device seemed to let me do that or at least it never threw up any errors at me saying I couldn't. So as far as I can tell, I'm able to apply tunes. I have not tried the crawl tune yet or any others; its on my list and I think that will give me a really good indicator as to if the tunes actually do work.

I want to say that it worked because the day I got it installed I had to make a 2 hour round trip; my Jeep seemed to be a bit more responsive and gas mileage seemed to be better. Maybe its just that I want it to work so my review is probably slightly skewed.

As for the rest, again I'm still in testing mode. I did very quickly try out the lockers button and sway bar and it seemed to do the trick which is pretty cool. The gauges seemed to read out very well also.

My questions to you guys: What are some common gauges that you would want to see during different driving situations. Just trying to get a good feel for what I want to see and what is important to me.

IE: Normal Every Day road driving
I have ECT (Engine Coolant Temp)
TFT (Transmission Fluid Temp)
Fuel Percentage
Batt. V.
RPM Digital

I suppose if I was in off road mode, I would probably have the display up that shows lockers and what not for quick access. What are your guys' thoughts? I would love to hear them. This thing is really new to me and its going to take me a while to figure out everything on it, so any insight you guys have I'm all ears. BtW, Pictures help a lot for me.

2014-03-11 14.46.59.jpg 2014-03-11 15.04.25.jpg

Sorry for the ugly written up post. In a hurry but wanted to get this info down. I'm probably going to have a bit more detailed post soon when I have the time to really mess with it.

witchdoctor

i'm really wanting one of these... but my main worry is what happens when/if the unit craps out with a tune still in the ecu?

2trackin

i'm really wanting one of these... but my main worry is what happens when/if the unit craps out with a tune still in the ecu?

I'm sure Superchips would make things right with you in this unlikely event. That being said I have one. I wish the display was a little more modern. But it works well and is nice having real time display of selected ecu readings.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Ok first impressions. This is going to be real quick and very dirty because I have only had it for 1 day.

So everyone is aware, I have a 2012 Rubi Auto-Trans.

I never contacted Superchips to get any info on this thing, I just ordered it and ran with it.

Ok on the main box, the sticker says "Now Covers 2011-2014". Ok that doesn't meany anything really because what we are interested in is the performance tunes.

As soon as I installed the unit, I immediately wanted to see if I could run the 87 octane tune. The device seemed to let me do that or at least it never threw up any errors at me saying I couldn't. So as far as I can tell, I'm able to apply tunes. I have not tried the crawl tune yet or any others; its on my list and I think that will give me a really good indicator as to if the tunes actually do work.

I want to say that it worked because the day I got it installed I had to make a 2 hour round trip; my Jeep seemed to be a bit more responsive and gas mileage seemed to be better. Maybe its just that I want it to work so my review is probably slightly skewed.

As for the rest, again I'm still in testing mode. I did very quickly try out the lockers button and sway bar and it seemed to do the trick which is pretty cool. The gauges seemed to read out very well also.

My questions to you guys: What are some common gauges that you would want to see during different driving situations. Just trying to get a good feel for what I want to see and what is important to me.

IE: Normal Every Day road driving
I have ECT (Engine Coolant Temp)
TFT (Transmission Fluid Temp)
Fuel Percentage
Batt. V.
RPM Digital

I suppose if I was in off road mode, I would probably have the display up that shows lockers and what not for quick access. What are your guys' thoughts? I would love to hear them. This thing is really new to me and its going to take me a while to figure out everything on it, so any insight you guys have I'm all ears. BtW, Pictures help a lot for me.

View attachment 73391 View attachment 73392

Sorry for the ugly written up post. In a hurry but wanted to get this info down. I'm probably going to have a bit more detailed post soon when I have the time to really mess with it.

If I had one, I would really want to see oil pressure. That is always one of my main gauges to pay attention to, especially since loss of oil pressure can cause catastrophic failure. Could care less about fuel level percentage.

2trackin

Top Bottom