Window tint?

TNuggs13

How many of you have tinted the windows? How does it hold up to the dirt and mud? Should I or shouldn't I tint the windows?

I run tinted windows. I have the factory 20% tint on the back and back sides form the factory, then tinted the front doors to match. I love the look, but hate it at night!! (too dark) It's great at keeping the Jeep cool on hot days, but lets be realistic...here in Seattle we don't get many of those!

Devallee

I'm also running 5% all around and personally love it. It does take getting used to driving at night. As far as mud and dirt... The tint is on the inside of the window so it has no affect.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brankz

I run tinted windows. I have the factory 20% tint on the back and back sides form the factory, then tinted the front doors to match. I love the look, but hate it at night!! (too dark) It's great at keeping the Jeep cool on hot days, but lets be realistic...here in Seattle we don't get many of those!

Why you people keep posting pics from photobucket? Horrible :NoNO: (shaking head side ways) lol

kevinp

As far as mud and dirt... The tint is on the inside of the window so it has no affect.

In your experience? Haha I have no tint, but I have had to include the insides of the doors/windows in pressure washing before. :)

Sincerely,
Kevin

From my Samsung GS4

Devallee

In your experience? Haha I have no tint, but I have had to include the insides of the doors/windows in pressure washing before. :)

Sincerely,
Kevin

From my Samsung GS4

Haha well if the tint is properly installed even a pressure washer shouldn't bother it unless you're purposely trying to

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sincerely,
Kevin

From my Samsung GS4

I have gotten scrapes and chafes in tint before from mud/dirt on the inside...on aftermarket tint...the factory tint wont scrape up.

Moochie

I have gotten scrapes and chafes in tint before from mud/dirt on the inside...on aftermarket tint...the factory tint wont scrape up.

My windows are factory and they are scratched. If you roll them down with mud on them, they get damaged when they contact the rubber.

TNuggs13

My only worry is they'll get super scratched after a few trips to the desert. Had it on my Avalanche and never had a problem but was not sure how Jeep widows hold up with this. Also, it's tough to see in when the windows are tinted and might miss a wave or two if they can't see me! 😜

Brankz

My only worry is they'll get super scratched after a few trips to the desert. Had it on my Avalanche and never had a problem but was not sure how Jeep widows hold up with this. Also, it's tough to see in when the windows are tinted and might miss a wave or two if they can't see me! 😜

Tint gos inside, and it's hard to scratched, make sure to clean it with ammonia free like invisiglass and don't use windex

Moochie

Tint gos inside, and it's hard to scratched, make sure to clean it with ammonia free like invisiglass and don't use windex

When you wheel in the mud it can also get on the inside of your glass if you have your window open. The mud can build up on the rubber where the glass goes into the door.

Brankz

When you wheel in the mud it can also get on the inside of your glass if you have your window open. The mud can build up on the rubber where the glass goes into the door.

Oh! Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of that.

Sorry for the false info people

MTG

Caught the Bug

That never happens. And it never happens when on a run the more experienced co-driver yells "don't roll that window down or you'll scratch it!" And it never happens that the driver ignores the warnings of the more experienced co-driver. And now, when the light is just right, he gets reminded that he should have heeded the words of the more experienced co-driver. :grayno:

Brankz

That never happens. And it never happens when on a run the more experienced co-driver yells "don't roll that window down or you'll scratch it!" And it never happens that the driver ignores the warnings of the more experienced co-driver. And now, when the light is just right, he gets reminded that he should have heeded the words of the more experienced co-driver. :grayno:

Uhhhhhhhh???¿¿?¿

Top Bottom