17 inch versus 20 inch Rim

17 inch or 20 inch rims.

• Stay on 17 inch rims with 40's

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • Go to 20 inch rims with 40's

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am pulling the trigger on a new set of rubber's :bleh:... Not those.

On the jeep we take a proactive approach with everything. We know that we are going to 60/80 axles in the future. How long out? well who knows. But Our plan is to replace the axles versus fix them when they break, So with that in mind.

We are thinking about buying a new set of wheels for 8 x 6.5 lug with the new rubber, that why when an axle goes we don't have to purchase wheels to go to the new axle. Eventually we will be on 40's Per my wife.!!!! :brows: (gotta love her)
If we get a 20 inch now, we will be running 37/13.5/r20 tires until the new axles come into play.

so the question is... what is the benefit of running a 20 inch rim versus a 17 inch rim with 40's? I know road manners are a big thing. but how big of a difference is it between the two sizes?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i personally liked mobys old look of the 20x40 combo a little bit better than the new 17x40 combo. i think the main thing with that was the tires he was running as well played a big part. as far as pros and cons of the different sizes i couldnt tell you. what tires are you looking at running?

GCM 2

Although I did really like the look of Moby when he was rolling 20"x40"s, I'm going to vote for 17" wheels based off the availability of more tire and wheel choices for an offroad vehicle.

Although I did really like the look of Moby when he was rolling 20"x40"s, I'm going to vote for 17" wheels based off the availability of more tire and wheel choices for an offroad vehicle.

I noticed that there is a cost difference between the tires for the 20 and 17 inch also. about 100.00 more for the 20 inch tire.

1BAMFR

As long as you have the axles to back it up I think either way you go the shit is going to be BEAST!!!!!!!!:yup:

Looks are not as important to me as functionality is. I'm was more wondering about performance with both. I will stick to the 17 because the tires are cheaper. however if there was a significant gain in performance with the 20/40 then I would eat the money in a hart beat and get the 20's.

I know that there are several people on here that have ran both. I'm just trying to see what was a better set up.

Thank you to all that have answered. I really appreciate your responses.

Top Bottom