Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 367

Thread: Thanks to our female member Army_Vet

  1. #11
    Nothing but a Thing Fir-na-tine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,620
    I see what you did there Sharkey......

    ~Woodrow~

  2. #12
    Old Timer Tigrcky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Gunnison, Colorado
    Posts
    3,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    ...and a special thanks to Army_Vets.

    You girls rock.
    any real reason why we are singling out army vet?

    Quote Originally Posted by Army_Vet View Post
    I dont think you get the "Joke" Tig.... Read it again and see if you can figure it out.
    i will admit i didnt see it at first (rough night last night).
    I post therefore I am!!!!
    Anything worth doing is worth overdoing!!

  3. #13
    Knows a Thing or Two
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    934
    [QUOTE=Tigrcky;266247]any real reason why we are singling out army vet?

    X2 to this



    The Force will be with you.... always

  4. #14
    Hooked ScottC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    236

    Is this really a "Thank You"?

    If your intent was a legitimate attempt to honor our female service members, then I join you in thanking them for their selfless service to our country. I hope this is the case.

    If you have a particular axe to grind with Army_Vet, you should keep that between the two of you and not treat the forum like a high school cafeteria. That being said, I understand you have every right to say whatever you want to on this forum. You are a moderator and are well versed in that which is and is not appropriate here.

    As a 21 year (and counting) veteran, I don't appreciate it when people use military service as a punch line or a subterfuge for a joke. I hope you understand this perspective, and would ask that you consider the perception you have created with this post.

    Semper Fi.
    ScottC
    ScottC
    Aut concilio, aut ense.
    "Through reason, or by the sword"
    Alexandria, VA

  5. #15
    Nothing but a Thing JKWrang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,030
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottC View Post
    If your intent was a legitimate attempt to honor our female service members, then I join you in thanking them for their selfless service to our country. I hope this is the case.

    If you have a particular axe to grind with Army_Vet, you should keep that between the two of you and not treat the forum like a high school cafeteria. That being said, I understand you have every right to say whatever you want to on this forum. You are a moderator and are well versed in that which is and is not appropriate here.

    As a 21 year (and counting) veteran, I don't appreciate it when people use military service as a punch line or a subterfuge for a joke. I hope you understand this perspective, and would ask that you consider the perception you have created with this post.

    Semper Fi.
    ScottC
    Well said.

    Especially considering the large community of military jeepers here in Wayalife. Lest we forget, combatVetJK does not represent most of us, and 99% likely he never saw combat. Food for thought

    Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

  6. #16
    Nothing but a Thing KPM171's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,200
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottC View Post
    If your intent was a legitimate attempt to honor our female service members, then I join you in thanking them for their selfless service to our country. I hope this is the case.

    If you have a particular axe to grind with Army_Vet, you should keep that between the two of you and not treat the forum like a high school cafeteria. That being said, I understand you have every right to say whatever you want to on this forum. You are a moderator and are well versed in that which is and is not appropriate here.

    As a 21 year (and counting) veteran, I don't appreciate it when people use military service as a punch line or a subterfuge for a joke. I hope you understand this perspective, and would ask that you consider the perception you have created with this post.

    Semper Fi.
    ScottC
    Well said sir, well said.
    2013 Billet Silver Unlimited Rubicon (build thread)
    6-Spd, 4.10's, ARB Bull Bar, XRC X20 Winch, sPOD, Rigid Industry Floods, onboard-air, & way more comfortable than a Wrangler has any business being!

    Retired but never forgotten
    2005 Wrangler TJ

  7. #17
    Living the WAYALIFE MTG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Reno eNVy
    Posts
    13,639
    Sorry I disagree. This was hilarious! Not many people can pull off the double entendre well...Sharkey did it masterfully.

  8. #18
    Been Around the Block
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    I was just thinking that we don't ever take the time to thank our female vets. So, here goes.

    Thank you girls-

    Thank you Navy Vets, Air Force Vets, Marine Vets

    ...and a special thanks to Army_Vets.

    You girls rock.

    Sharkey,
    You my friend are what I and most people consider a douchebag. What you posted above was not clever in the least, what it is, is a derogatory and insincere gesture toward our military men and women meant as an insult to one of our own Wayalife members. Who by the way happens to be and Army Veteran and a true standup guy... which is more than I can say for you. As a moderator and representative of this forum and our jeep community you may want to think before you hit submit.

    I am sure you will remove this post which matters not to me because I am done with this "Wayalife" bullshit and the a-hole moderators.

  9. #19
    Been Around the Block
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by MTG View Post
    Sorry I disagree. This was hilarious! Not many people can pull off the double entendre well...Sharkey did it masterfully.
    And you MTG are just as big an a-hole

  10. #20
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    32,738
    Quote Originally Posted by nbruno View Post
    Sharkey,
    You my friend are what I and most people consider a douchebag. What you posted above was not clever in the least, what it is, is a derogatory and insincere gesture toward our military men and women meant as an insult to one of our own Wayalife members. Who by the way happens to be and Army Veteran and a true standup guy... which is more than I can say for you. As a moderator and representative of this forum and our jeep community you may want to think before you hit submit.

    I am sure you will remove this post which matters not to me because I am done with this "Wayalife" bullshit and the a-hole moderators.
    Are you going to stick to your word and actually leave or just say it like army_girl did?
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

    2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    1975 DJ5

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS