Should I push my axle back?

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Hey guys, just wanted some opinions...I have an AEV 2.5 (under full weight) and it *looks* like my rear axle was pulled forward (Im sure it was)...just curious if you guys think I should do something about it and push it back? I don't have any drivability issues or anything, but like things done right. Thoughts? (front is fine, Im running Rancho drop brackets).

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I've been running that setup for over a year now. I wouldn't mess with it. If you wheel it when you compress rear suspension it is still in factory location and won't rub. If you move it back it will possibly rub when flexed. Just my 2 c

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just so we're all on the same page, as your axle articulates, it'll rotate up and toward the back. In other words, if you push your axle too far back, you will have rubbing issues at a full flex. While a lift will change the center position of your axle, even aft 4" of lift, the amount of correction needed to your control arms is never anything more than about 1/2" or less. Anything more than that and you will have coil bowing issues and rubbing of things like your track bar.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Just so we're all on the same page, as your axle articulates, it'll rotate up and toward the back. In other words, if you push your axle too far back, you will have rubbing issues at a full flex. While a lift will change the center position of your axle, even aft 4" of lift, the amount of correction needed to your control arms is never anything more than about 1/2" or less. Anything more than that and you will have coil bowing issues and rubbing of things like your track bar.

Thanks guys. Just wanted to make sure. The only dumb question is one not asked right! Thanks again fellas!

Top Bottom