Narrow or Factory width fenders

K9wells

I am trying to decide which to purchase River Raider narrow or factory width fenders. I currently have a 2.5" MC lift with 35" MTR's. Do narrow width fenders give more clearence than factory width?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, if you're set on getting tube fenders, may I recommend that you not get River Raiders and get something like Poison Spyder or GenRight instead? I have seen the River Raiders in person and the quality of them is simply not there. I don't know if they still only come in their gator hide finish but, I should note that the reason why that finish is there is that it hides the bondo they use to fill in the gaps. This is no joke, I have seen it.

GCM 2

Trimmed factory flares or aftermarket flat flares will provide some additional clearance for larger tires. The width of the flare has little to do with providing extra clearance, only how much or how little coverage from mud, debris, water, etc from being slung all over the side of your jeep or onto other vehicles . I run extremely narrow flares up front and no flares in the rear which gives me great clearance for 40" tires, but is very messy in wet weather.

image-2907696534.jpg

image-3326023064.jpg

image-240106420.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Trimmed factory flares or aftermarket flat flares will provide some additional clearance for larger tires. The width of the flare has little to do with providing extra clearance, only how much or how little coverage from mud, debris, water, etc from being slung all over the side of your jeep or onto other vehicles . I run extremely narrow flares up front and no flares in the rear which gives me great clearance for 40" tires, but is very messy in wet weather.

View attachment 73647

View attachment 73648

Those bigass Mud Grapplers wouldn't have anything to do with the mess now would they? :cheesy: :crazyeyes:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Another thing is do you have any fender laws? I wish I could run narrower here in PA, but sadly I cant. I would suggest cut factory flares however.

K9wells

Honestly, if you're set on getting tube fenders, may I recommend that you not get River Raiders and get something like Poison Spyder or GenRight instead? I have seen the River Raiders in person and the quality of them is simply not there. I don't know if they still only come in their gator hide finish but, I should note that the reason why that finish is there is that it hides the bondo they use to fill in the gaps. This is no joke, I have seen it.

Honestly i would love to go with one of those two but I am currently stationed overseas with the military and the only companies that will go out of their way to ship here are River Raider, Metalcloak, quadratec, and tire rack!

K9wells

Another thing is do you have any fender laws? I wish I could run narrower here in PA, but sadly I cant. I would suggest cut factory flares however.

Not worried about laws here in Sicily probably when i get back stateside i will. Thats in three years though.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly i would love to go with one of those two but I am currently stationed overseas with the military and the only companies that will go out of their way to ship here are River Raider, Metalcloak, quadratec, and tire rack!

Have you tried talking to Northridge4x4?

catahoula

Caught the Bug

View attachment 73649

View attachment 73647

View attachment 73648

One of the baddest rigs out there!:thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So back to my original question will narrow fenders allow more articulation?

If you're asking if you can run a shorter lift and still keep your tires from rubbing your fenders, just running flat fenders alone will be enough to do that.

K9wells

Okay i appreciate the help can really only order once returning items out here is next to impossible so trying to go with what works the best!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well took your advice and contacted them. I dnt understand why they can ship poison spyder ones but poison spyder cannot, Northridge is now on my list to order from!

Glad to hear it. I hope you let them know that I sent you there :D

GCM 2

Those bigass Mud Grapplers wouldn't have anything to do with the mess now would they? :cheesy: :crazyeyes:

Im pretty sure my tires are completely sensible, practical, and in no way have anything to do with getting my jeep dirty. It is solely the lack of not having flares ;)

Top Bottom