Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking at lifting JKU

Fresh Catch

Looking at lifting JKU

I have a 2014 JKU, have been researching lift kits and can't decide which to go with, currently looking at Old Man EMU 2"…I had an '07 JK and put on the Teraflex 2.5" BB…just wondering if it's worth the extra money to go with new springs and shocks or go with another BB? This will be a daily driver and looking to run 33's.

Quote Originally Posted by 2014billet View Post
    I have a 2014 JKU, have been researching lift kits and can't decide which to go with, currently looking at Old Man EMU 2"…I had an '07 JK and put on the Teraflex 2.5" BB…just wondering if it's worth the extra money to go with new springs and shocks or go with another BB? This will be a daily driver and looking to run 33's.
    Will you be wheeling at all or just a DD??

Not That Kind of Engineer olram30's Avatar
    Rancho 2" sport kit with the 9000 shocks. Right now Rancho has a rebate. Perfect kit for running 33" tires. Look on Amazon for them under 400 bucks. Comes with front springs, bump stops, brake line extensions and rear pucks and 4 shocks that you can adjust to your liking. Pretty complete kit to run. And made in America

If you're just looking to run 33's, I personally would just get another spacer lift with shock extensions. They are dirt cheap and will keep you from needing to address your front drive shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by olram30 View Post
    Rancho 2" sport kit with the 9000 shocks. Right now Rancho has a rebate. Perfect kit for running 33" tires. Look on Amazon for them under 400 bucks. Comes with front springs, bump stops, brake line extensions and rear pucks and 4 shocks that you can adjust to your liking. Pretty complete kit to run. And made in America
    This is a great option ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    This is a great option ^^^
    I'm ready to order this kit myself to put on the wife's jeep. A guy can get it for 330 bucks after rebates. That's a he'll of a deal. You can't buy the shocks alone for that price.

Fresh Catch
    It will see some wheeling, Silver Lake sand dunes a few times a year and whatever else comes up. I have a small tent camper we haul up north, and we will be running some two tracks. Nothing radical though. Mostly hauling kids around town.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by olram30 View Post
    I'm ready to order this kit myself to put on the wife's jeep. A guy can get it for 330 bucks after rebates. That's a he'll of a deal. You can't buy the shocks alone for that price.
    Yeah, that really is a hard deal to beat.

It will see some wheeling, Silver Lake sand dunes a few times a year and whatever else comes up. I have a small tent camper we haul up north, and we will be running some two tracks. Nothing radical though. Mostly hauling kids around town.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app
    If you check out ranchos Facebook page, they have a photo album if just the 2"kit. See if you like the stance of some of those rigs.

Fresh Catch
    Didn't even look into Rancho's lift, I have had there lifts on solid axle old Chevy's and they were stiff to say the least. I will defiantly check into them.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using WAYALIFE mobile ap

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast