Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: lifts

  1. #11
    Caught the Bug
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    newfoundland
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Leocon View Post
    Take a look here, It's complete bolt on....
    will list the other things you will need.....
    http://www.northridge4x4.com/shop/cl...ft-kit-2908050

    thanks man that helped alot, i would still have to buy new shocks with that wont i if so what kind do ye recommend would the rancho ones i was talking about above work i am after reading alot of good comments on them

  2. #12
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    54,006
    Quote Originally Posted by hickey800 View Post
    thanks man that helped alot, i would still have to buy new shocks with that wont i if so what kind do ye recommend would the rancho ones i was talking about above work i am after reading alot of good comments on them
    Yes, you will still need to get shocks and the Rancho 9000's will work well with it. I have installed that exact Clayton kit and it's good but if it were up to me, I would go with the EVO Enforcer kit instead. The coils are by far the most comfortable ones I have ridden on bar none. Run it with a set of Rancho shocks instead of the Kings and I think you will find that it's a more affordable option as well.

  3. #13
    Old Timer Panda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Antioch CA
    Posts
    3,057
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Yes, you will still need to get shocks and the Rancho 9000's will work well with it. I have installed that exact Clayton kit and it's good but if it were up to me, I would go with the EVO Enforcer kit instead. The coils are by far the most comfortable ones I have ridden on bar none. Run it with a set of Rancho shocks instead of the Kings and I think you will find that it's a more affordable option as well.
    I helped a fellow wayalifer install his enforcer lift yesterday & he let me take it for a spin & WOW! Am I ever impressed with the ride of the plush coils & now my RE coils are garbage I need an enforcer lift BAD!

  4. #14
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    54,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    I helped a fellow wayalifer install his enforcer lift yesterday & he let me take it for a spin & WOW! Am I ever impressed with the ride of the plush coils & now my RE coils are garbage I need an enforcer lift BAD!
    LOL!! Feelin is belivin.

  5. #15
    Caught the Bug
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    newfoundland
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Yes, you will still need to get shocks and the Rancho 9000's will work well with it. I have installed that exact Clayton kit and it's good but if it were up to me, I would go with the EVO Enforcer kit instead. The coils are by far the most comfortable ones I have ridden on bar none. Run it with a set of Rancho shocks instead of the Kings and I think you will find that it's a more affordable option as well.
    thank you for the information, so you think the evo enforcer kit or the rancho 4" crawler kit with rancho 9000 shocks would be best for what i want, would you be able to tell me the differences in the kits and what they both include, i have read both of them on their sites but kinda have hard time really understanding what comes in them or anything else i need for them, i know i need a new front drive shaft which would you recommend in that to thanks for the help

  6. #16
    Administrator wayoflife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    54,006
    Quote Originally Posted by hickey800 View Post
    thank you for the information, so you think the evo enforcer kit or the rancho 4" crawler kit with rancho 9000 shocks would be best for what i want, would you be able to tell me the differences in the kits and what they both include, i have read both of them on their sites but kinda have hard time really understanding what comes in them or anything else i need for them, i know i need a new front drive shaft which would you recommend in that to thanks for the help
    Before I answer that, you might want to consider what kind of budget you have to work with and go from there. There really is no beating the Rancho Crawler Kit in terms of price especially with the $400 rebate they are offering right now. That being said, I personally prefer the EVO Enforcer kit being that it does come with Plush Ride coils and I do prefer their drag link flip/front track bar relocation bracket over a dropped pitman arm setup. The Rancho kit does come with more control arms but, the lowers are fixed and only the uppers are adjustable. The EVO kit will only come with adjustable front lower arms but really, they are all you need to set your caster and they are made with Johnny Joints instead of polyurethane bushings. The later can squeak quite a bit if you don't stay on top of greasing them. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong. I might also recommend that you give the Rancho 7000 MT shocks a look as they are more affordable and are actually really nice monotubes. I am running a set of them now on my XJ and like them a lot.

  7. #17
    Caught the Bug
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    newfoundland
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    I personally would recommend the 4" Crawler Kit over the long arm kit. Even with 37's and 4" of lift, it's all you really need and your factory length arms will be plenty long enough. If anything, I might recommend that you not install the dropped pitman arm and opt for an EVO drag link flip/front track bar relocation kit instead. Another reason to consider the Rancho kit is that they are running a promotion right now that will get you a $400 check card with your purchase. That's a HUGE savings! As mentioned, you will need to factor in for a new front drive shaft.
    so i checked out the evo drag link flip and it says that theres one for the stock axel size and one for the pro rock 44 size and was wondering what one to go with where the Rubicon i plan to get has the dana 44 axels

  8. #18
    Web Wheeler 10frank9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    13,230
    Quote Originally Posted by hickey800 View Post
    so i checked out the evo drag link flip and it says that theres one for the stock axel size and one for the pro rock 44 size and was wondering what one to go with where the Rubicon i plan to get has the dana 44 axels
    Order stock. Dynatrac makes the prorock44 axle and unless you plan on getting one before you install the lift, you'd be buying something you can't use.

  9. #19
    Caught the Bug
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    newfoundland
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by 10frank9 View Post
    Order stock. Dynatrac makes the prorock44 axle and unless you plan on getting one before you install the lift, you'd be buying something you can't use.
    thanks for clearing that up

  10. #20
    Caught the Bug
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    newfoundland
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Before I answer that, you might want to consider what kind of budget you have to work with and go from there. There really is no beating the Rancho Crawler Kit in terms of price especially with the $400 rebate they are offering right now. That being said, I personally prefer the EVO Enforcer kit being that it does come with Plush Ride coils and I do prefer their drag link flip/front track bar relocation bracket over a dropped pitman arm setup. The Rancho kit does come with more control arms but, the lowers are fixed and only the uppers are adjustable. The EVO kit will only come with adjustable front lower arms but really, they are all you need to set your caster and they are made with Johnny Joints instead of polyurethane bushings. The later can squeak quite a bit if you don't stay on top of greasing them. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong. I might also recommend that you give the Rancho 7000 MT shocks a look as they are more affordable and are actually really nice monotubes. I am running a set of them now on my XJ and like them a lot.
    money will not really be to much of a concern as long as i stay under 2500-3000 so im leaning toward the enforcer because i plan to install it myself and seems like its little less work without the extra control arms, but so you say i will only need the front adjustable lower arms, plus im sure when more money comes around i could upgrade the other arms right, and you think the 7000mt will be better off than the 9000s,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS