Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lifts

Caught the Bug

lifts

hey i am new to this i am planning on trading my recent truck(2011 f150 leveled with 33" mickey Thompson MTZ) in for a new Rubicon unlimited next month and want to start doing a bit more offroading, i am looking to get a lift (3.5-4") and going to run 35s at first will be planning to run 37s eventually i just dont want to regear right away until i get my jeep build the way i want, i am just wondering what kind of lifts everyones running i would like to buy one where i can order it and all the parts are there i dont need to order more parts was looking at a Rancho (4 Inch Long Arm Lift Kit-RANRS6509) (4 Inch Crawler Lift Kit- #RANRS66104) (4 Inch Long Arm Suspension Lift Kit-#RANRS66105) i will run the (RS9000XL Series Shock Absorber #RANRS999330) if i plan to get either them but just want to know everyones opinion on these lifts and which one would be better or if they know another one i would be more happy with anyones info would be appreciated and if you need any more info just ask

- also is there any really good complete kits i can get that wont involve cutting/welding and is straight blot on, probably stupid question but i just wondering
    Last edited by hickey800; 03-23-2014 at 01:45 AM.

-
    I do not have any experience with the lift you mentioned but I do know the Rancho RS9000 XL shocks. I have them paired with the EVO Plush Ride coils. I do not the price of the lift and long arm kit you are looking at. Maybe Rancho will chime in. I do know going bigger than 3 inches will require new front drive shaft. Seeing show you are looking at 37's a 1350 drive shaft for JE Reel or Coast would work best for you. I would also recommend putting C gussets on. Also pushing 37 will give your steering a fit. Some have gone to a ram assist like PSC. Something to keep in mind as your jeep grows.

Congrats on the new JK

R/
    Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAL

Caught the Bug
    thanks for the reply i did know i would have to replace the driveshaft but thanks for the extra info for when i do decide to get 37s is there anything else i would have to replace just for the 35s or would the lift, shocks, and driveshaft be all i need??

Caught the Bug
    i also read that "On 2012 and 2013 Jeep Wrangler JKs, the system requires the use of a Rancho cross-over exhaust pipe kit (RS72003) or a new front driveshaft" does this mean that if i get the new drive shaft i will not need the cross over exhaust pipe or do i need both of them ??

Quote Originally Posted by hickey800 View Post
    i also read that "On 2012 and 2013 Jeep Wrangler JKs, the system requires the use of a Rancho cross-over exhaust pipe kit (RS72003) or a new front driveshaft" does this mean that if i get the new drive shaft i will not need the cross over exhaust pipe or do i need both of them ??
    It's one or the other

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    -Brandon

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDuff View Post
    It's one or the other

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    well thats definatly a bonus, do you have any experience with either of those lifts knowing which could be better

hey i am new to this i am planning on trading my recent truck(2011 f150 leveled with 33" mickey Thompson MTZ) in for a new Rubicon unlimited next month and want to start doing a bit more offroading, i am looking to get a lift (3.5-4") and going to run 35s at first will be planning to run 37s eventually i just dont want to regear right away until i get my jeep build the way i want, i am just wondering what kind of lifts everyones running i would like to buy one where i can order it and all the parts are there i dont need to order more parts was looking at a Rancho (4 Inch Long Arm Lift Kit-RANRS6509) (4 Inch Crawler Lift Kit- #RANRS66104) (4 Inch Long Arm Suspension Lift Kit-#RANRS66105) i will run the (RS9000XL Series Shock Absorber #RANRS999330) if i plan to get either them but just want to know everyones opinion on these lifts and which one would be better or if they know another one i would be more happy with anyones info would be appreciated and if you need any more info just ask

- also is there any really good complete kits i can get that wont involve cutting/welding and is straight blot on, probably stupid question but i just wondering
    Clayton Offroad - they offer complete bolt-on kits. I've been running their 3.5 lift and have had no problems from the day i installed it. Great instructions and support from them.
    I will say their springs offer a better ride with a load on them - i thought they were a little stiff (could be getting older lol) but once I put weight on them (that would be similar to bumpers, winch etc...) the ride felt better.

I've also driven a friends Jeep with EVO Enforcer kit and it's a nice ride, springs seemed softer but he already has his bumpers, winch etc mounted up.

I had Teraflex on an older Jeep I owned and I'd stay away from them. The issues I had to deal with made me think about ever getting another lift but after a lot of research I went with Clayton.

Welcome and enjoy the ride

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeeep View Post
    Clayton Offroad - they offer complete bolt-on kits. I've been running their 3.5 lift and have had no problems from the day i installed it. Great instructions and support from them.
    I will say their springs offer a better ride with a load on them - i thought they were a little stiff (could be getting older lol) but once I put weight on them (that would be similar to bumpers, winch etc...) the ride felt better.

I've also driven a friends Jeep with EVO Enforcer kit and it's a nice ride, springs seemed softer but he already has his bumpers, winch etc mounted up.

I had Teraflex on an older Jeep I owned and I'd stay away from them. The issues I had to deal with made me think about ever getting another lift but after a lot of research I went with Clayton.

Welcome and enjoy the ride
    thanks for the reply ill look into a clayton kit, do you know if either these kits i am looking at above can be just blotted on i know it needs old mounts cut off but that is just common sense, i am after reading a couple good things about the rancho lifts see like alot of people liked them

Hooked
    thanks for the reply ill look into a clayton kit, do you know if either these kits i am looking at above can be just blotted on i know it needs old mounts cut off but that is just common sense, i am after reading a couple good things about the rancho lifts see like alot of people liked them
    Take a look here, It's complete bolt on....
    will list the other things you will need.....
    http://www.northridge4x4.com/shop/cl...ft-kit-2908050

I personally would recommend the 4" Crawler Kit over the long arm kit. Even with 37's and 4" of lift, it's all you really need and your factory length arms will be plenty long enough. If anything, I might recommend that you not install the dropped pitman arm and opt for an EVO drag link flip/front track bar relocation kit instead. Another reason to consider the Rancho kit is that they are running a promotion right now that will get you a $400 check card with your purchase. That's a HUGE savings! As mentioned, you will need to factor in for a new front drive shaft.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast