20 and under rigs.

Tyler19

Considering most younger kids never land a job straight out of high school as some successful doctor, hot shot lawyer, or one of the few lucky ones to land a spot as a research and develop manager at some Jeep performance company, the majority of us end up taking the same beaten path.

So to all of you 20 and under slowly trying to purchase any mod you can afford, let's see your rig.

So sit back, raise a glass (hopefully of soda considering you're not old enough to drink) and let's see the rigs that for some people, minimum wage or a summer mowing job may be putting together.

P.S. The legends are welcome to tag along with this thread.. You know who you are. ;)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395856630.347729.jpg

Great thread idea! I'll join with a few pics! I am now 18 and a senior in high school. I Got a minimum wage job last February delivering pizzas, the tips are what really helped!

Here's the jeep in stock form when I got it; 2012 jku sport
rupa9apy.jpg

And I did a lot of this in stock form
aze6ysed.jpg

Then after over a year of ownership, the mods got started
a7u2ajyj.jpg

And here is how it sits today! Just a under 6 months of build time
ura3a3u4.jpg
thanks for the shot Eddie!
e4y2e7ys.jpg

Last edited:

Tyler19

Great thread idea! I'll join with a few pics! I am now 18 and a senior in high school. I Got a minimum wage job last February delivering pizzas, the tips are what really helped!

Here's the jeep in stock form when I got it; 2012 jku sport
rupa9apy.jpg

And I did a lot of this in stock form
aze6ysed.jpg

Then after over a year of ownership, the mods got started
a7u2ajyj.jpg

And here is how it sits today! Just a under 6 months of build time
ura3a3u4.jpg
thanks for the shot Eddie!
e4y2e7ys.jpg

That's a great looking rig man! If you don't mind me asking, do you deliver pizzas in the Jeep? Haha 😂

That's a great looking rig man! If you don't mind me asking, do you deliver pizzas in the Jeep? Haha 😂

Up till this point, yes! (Terrible gas mileage and ruins the jeep) so... I bought a truck from a forum member/friend and will be delivering with that. Maybe I'll get better tips being that I probably do not get much sympathy delivering to Huntington Beach harbor in a new lifted jeep.
dyrura2a.jpg

JKbrick

Considering most younger kids never land a job straight out of high school as some successful doctor, hot shot lawyer, or one of the few lucky ones to land a spot as a research and develop manager at some Jeep performance company, the majority of us end up taking the same beaten path.

So to all of you 20 and under slowly trying to purchase any mod you can afford, let's see your rig.

So sit back, raise a glass (hopefully of soda considering you're not old enough to drink) and let's see the rigs that for some people, minimum wage or a summer mowing job may be putting together.

P.S. The legends are welcome to tag along with this thread.. You know who you are. ;)

View attachment 75630

Can we post something we built 30 years ago when we were 18?

MTG

Caught the Bug
I had a 1987 Honda Civic hatchback with a ton of miles and only 3 matching wheels until I was way past 20. You guys are much further along in the jeeping world than I ever was. :thumb:

Tyler19

I had a 1987 Honda Civic hatchback with a ton of miles and only 3 matching wheels until I was way past 20. You guys are much further along in the jeeping world than I ever was. :thumb:

Lol. I tell you what, I love my Jeep but man has it been a pain. From picking up random side jobs just to buy upgrades, to ending up leaving a girl because she was costing me to much money that could go to my Jeep. Haha Every now and then I'll debate about selling it and getting something cheaper, but for now, I'm having too much fun.

Devallee

Here's a couple poser shots of my '09 mall crawler. Picked it up with 14 miles on it when I was 16 (I'm 21 now) and got lucky and landed a physical therapy assistant job throughout high school and was able to pay it off pretty quickly which means mods! Unfortunately college came around and I had many more expenses to pay so this is where it sits as of today but I'm still building it up little by little. Wouldn't change it for the world!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1395859357712.jpg
    1395859357712.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 453
  • 1395859416638.jpg
    1395859416638.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 459

Chevy Dave

I'm 21 but here's a pic of my 2014 2dr 6 speed, her name is Lucy. I ordered her 5 days after my 21st bday. So far I deleted the muffler, added rigid dually LEDs, budget boost, sway bar discos, and 285/75/16 falken wildpeaks on stock wheels. Plans are a front locker, c gussets, and chromoly axle shafts and maybe a full set of control arms
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395860089.478419.jpg
And the rig I have had since I Was 17, my 2002 S10 ZR-2 that I bought bone stock. Now she has a dana 44 front from a wagoneer, sprung under with front shackles, built my own driveshafts, built an np233 tcase with 231 internals and the fixed front output from a dodge dakota. Steering is a combo of XJ cherokee and chevy astro van parts. Rear is the zr2 specifc 10 bolt sprung over with a spartan locker. She's a 5 speed standard shift and the stock 4.3 has been built up and warmed over and runs a wicked pcm tune with no emissions equipment whatsoever. All work done by me and any buddies that wanted to help over the years. I could go on but here she is ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395860408.679476.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395860463.208168.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395860495.273063.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395860514.595670.jpg
And a stock pic
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395860546.739476.jpg

Last edited:

Jeepster12

Im 17 now, a bunch of people tell me my parents bought it for me, but shes not sponsored by mommy or daddy👌 i bought her stock too ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395860916.211630.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395860925.823564.jpg

seanb123

I'll play I'm 20 now got my 08 when I was 18 right after high school. I delivered pizza in high school and continued to do in college and still do today. Tips do help pay for the jeep and mods. Only downside to having a nice jeep and being younger is all the condescending looks and comments about mommy and daddy paying for the jeep.

Jeepster12

I'll play I'm 20 now got my 08 when I was 18 right after high school. I delivered pizza in high school and continued to do in college and still do today. Tips do help pay for the jeep and mods. Only downside to having a nice jeep and being younger is all the condescending looks and comments about mommy and daddy paying for the jeep.

I feel you with the mommy daddy comments

Tyler19

I'm sure we all have been told at one point in time that mom and dad pay for it all. I'll be the first to admit that I sometimes wish they did though. 😂

JK Alec

Junior in Highschool and I have a decent job for my age (17)! Pay for all of my mods with my own money and the Jeep is gettin there! Got it bone stock last year ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395871917.988193.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395871713.021565.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395871802.862070.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395871822.214846.jpg

bigtrucker52

Here's mine. I'm a junior in highschool and got mine last april for my 17th birthday. I'm still a stocker right now but am going to start moddin her this summer. She's a 2008 and i named her Roxy. Sorry i don't have my wayalife decals on in these. At the time i took these i haven't gotten them yet but they're currently on right now
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395873124.587974.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1395873154.107420.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom