good deal?

moorecb3

I just took a look, from the pics it looks like the tread is running down about less than halfway. If you are getting them as a stepping stone to 37's soon, maybe I would say go on them, but not too sure. If they are close to you go take a look on tread left.

35s are going to be the best bet for me for the next year or so, Just brand new tires are very expensive and I'm trying to save some cash for re gearing as well

hlax2525

35s are going to be the best bet for me for the next year or so, Just brand new tires are very expensive and I'm trying to save some cash for re gearing as well

well it all depends on a few things

1- if you can find a set of 33's to run for the time being until you can save up to regear and get the 35's
2- if you're running a spare or not
3- if the tread isn't as bad as it looks on the pics

let me know if you go check out the tread as it may be fine, but not sure from the pics

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
At least another 15000 miles on those tires on a two door. I would say his guess is about spot on. It's a pretty fair deal. They are loud on the road though and if you don't wheel much probably not the tire for you.

moorecb3

At least another 15000 miles on those tires on a two door. I would say his guess is about spot on. It's a pretty fair deal. They are loud on the road though and if you don't wheel much probably not the tire for you.

The only problem with the tires after talking to the guy is they came off of a truck and they rubbed some so the front two tires have a ring around the side that was towards the inside of the truck.

Ive recently started wheeling a little more but still mostly use on the road, I have been looking at the trail grapplers (a new set) if i can get the money together, my daily commute is only about two miles so I thought I would get some opinions on those tires

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The only problem with the tires after talking to the guy is they came off of a truck and they rubbed some so the front two tires have a ring around the side that was towards the inside of the truck.

Ive recently started wheeling a little more but still mostly use on the road, I have been looking at the trail grapplers (a new set) if i can get the money together, my daily commute is only about two miles so I thought I would get some opinions on those tires

How bad is the damage and what were they rubbing on? Only the front? That means he didn't rotate them.

They will get the job done of you can get them for the right price.

hlax2525

2 miles isn't that bad for the noise, but these should be fine if you wheel lightly and not too much on road

moorecb3

How bad is the damage and what were they rubbing on? Only the front? That means he didn't rotate them.

They will get the job done of you can get them for the right price.

Ill post the pictures he sent me where you can see what I'm talking about, I'm sure y'all know more then I do about these tires

moorecb3

Here are some pics

Attachments

• tire 4.jpeg
    tire 4.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 156
  • tire one.jpeg
    tire one.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 155
  • tire three.jpeg
    tire three.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 155
  • tire two.jpeg
    tire two.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 156

Hack12

Oh yeah, loud is an understatement, especially as they wear. I enjoyed mine though.

moorecb3

I would NOT buy them. That is some serious rubbage!!

I started to think the same After seeing the pictures on my computer since they are bigger prob be better off just getting a set of new trail grapplers from discount tire since they have the financing plan

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I wouldn't buy them. I work in the tire business, I always consider a used set of tires as 'buying someone else's problem'. If money is an issue, you could probably get a NEW generic mud tire for close to the same price. They just won't be name brand, but most generic tires are made by the same manufacturers who produce the popular brands.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i wouldnt buy them either. those sidewalls are crap! if they were not damaged i would have to agree with overlander that it isnt a bad deal.

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
I wouldn't buy them. I work in the tire business, I always consider a used set of tires as 'buying someone else's problem'. If money is an issue, you could probably get a NEW generic mud tire for close to the same price. They just won't be name brand, but most generic tires are made by the same manufacturers who produce the popular brands.

What are the generic brands?

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Federal, Kanati, Telstar, etc. the Kanati Mud Hog looks similar to the Trail Grappler. Granted you're gonna spend over $200 each, regardless of what brand you go with, but I'd rather spend $800 on NEW tires, than $600 on WORE OUT tires!

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Kanati tires are made by Greenball, they've been making ATV and trailer tires for years. If you're familiar with their ATV tires, they're good quality.

Top Bottom