good deal?

moorecb3

Federal, Kanati, Telstar, etc. the Kanati Mud Hog looks similar to the Trail Grappler. Granted you're gonna spend over $200 each, regardless of what brand you go with, but I'd rather spend $800 on NEW tires, than $600 on WORE OUT tires!

Where could I find some of those generic brand tires at? The only tire I have seen like that around my area is a local shop sells mastercraft mxt for 255 there are made my cooper I believe

whiteyjfm

Take a look at the "Fierce Fierce Attitude MT" tires from Discount tire Direct. They are &256 a tire and will be a better buy than these well used tires. There is also a few threads on here about them and in general people are happy with them.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Where could I find some of those generic brand tires at? The only tire I have seen like that around my area is a local shop sells mastercraft mxt for 255 there are made my cooper I believe

Yes they're made by Cooper, price margin isn't much different between Cooper and Mastercraft. Cooper is a better tire. The local place isn't far off at $255, does that include installation?

moorecb3

Yes they're made by Cooper, price margin isn't much different between Cooper and Mastercraft. Cooper is a better tire. The local place isn't far off at $255, does that include installation?

I believe it was 40 dollars to install all four tires

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I believe it was 40 dollars to install all four tires

I could sell you the Kanati Mud Hog for $258 installed with free rotations. I know you're not gonna drive to the St. Louis area to purchase tires from me. My point is to shop around. I know a lot of people have good things to say about Discount Tire, maybe give them a look. They may list an inexpensive option. Maybe go with an A/T instead of an M/T? There's a definite difference between 'need' and 'want'. I wanted Trail Grapplers or Toyo M/T's, but they're not practical to me with the amount of highway driving I do with my Jeep. The A/T's I put on do everything I need them to do.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I could sell you the Kanati Mud Hog for $258 installed with free rotations. I know you're not gonna drive to the St. Louis area to purchase tires from me. My point is to shop around. I know a lot of people have good things to say about Discount Tire, maybe give them a look. They may list an inexpensive option. Maybe go with an A/T instead of an M/T? There's a definite difference between 'need' and 'want'. I wanted Trail Grapplers or Toyo M/T's, but they're not practical to me with the amount of highway driving I do with my Jeep. The A/T's I put on do everything I need them to do.

I know you're just trying to be helpful here but, if you're going to solicit our members, you will need to be an advertiser of this forum.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I know you're just trying to be helpful here but, if you're going to solicit our members, you will need to be an advertiser of this forum.

Understood completely Eddie. I never have the intention to break any rules here. Please let me know if I'm getting close to that line in the future. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Understood completely Eddie. I never have the intention to break any rules here. Please let me know if I'm getting close to that line in the future. :thumb:

I appreciate your understanding. Being that we do have shops and vendors like Discount Tire that do pay to advertise on here, I just need to keep things fair for them.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Oh I know that's why I said around the 35in size. I'm just indecisive between a budget tire or a well named brand tire

The main reason I'm recommending buying new is the extra cost to have used tires mounted only to have another set of used ones mounted shortly after. I would just steer clear of the ones you found on Craigslist due to them being pretty worn.

moorecb3

The main reason I'm recommending buying new is the extra cost to have used tires mounted only to have another set of used ones mounted shortly after. I would just steer clear of the ones you found on Craigslist due to them being pretty worn.

Yeah I changed my mind about the used tires I just can't decide on a set of the off brand type tires or a set of named brand ones

Top Bottom