Budget Boost Questions

hlax2525

After pondering it for a long time, I have decided to go with a budget boost for now over a full lift kit. Although I would love to do some heavy wheeling like the guys out west do, I am on the east coast, so not too much to do on north east. The trails I will be running at Rausch can surely suffice for now with a budget boost. In terms of the budget boost, are there any preferences out of the kits. I know a budget boost is a budget boost, but I want to do the BB right the first time, as I hopefully would like to have more money for other parts (sliders, bumpers, etc) until I can save up for an enforcer kit. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
What I would do is buy the size lift you want (spacers only) then look at some afternarket shocks like ranchos or Bilstein. Rancho currently had a rebate going on and they make a great product as well.

Sent from my iPhone

JKFlyer

I got a Rubicon express bb w mono tube shocks. Think around 600. Came w shocks and coils and sway bar links. Not bad

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

hlax2525

What I would do is buy the size lift you want (spacers only) then look at some afternarket shocks like ranchos or Bilstein. Rancho currently had a rebate going on and they make a great product as well.

Sent from my iPhone

looking through your build, did you use a 2.5" spacer or install new coils. In regards to that, i know its a better option to run a new shock over the factory with extensions, but can i find a shock that can run now for a 2.5 and later on for a little over 3"? If that is the case, I am probably going to run bilstein 5100's or rancho 7000mt. I also found some used 9000XL, but am a little apprehensive to buy some used shocks. Also with installing the spacers, I would need longer brake lines, front track bar and thats it for now? Or are front lowers a good option as well?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
looking through your build, did you use a 2.5" spacer or install new coils. In regards to that, i know its a better option to run a new shock over the factory with extensions, but can i find a shock that can run now for a 2.5 and later on for a little over 3"? If that is the case, I am probably going to run bilstein 5100's or rancho 7000mt. I also found some used 9000XL, but am a little apprehensive to buy some used shocks. Also with installing the spacers, I would need longer brake lines, front track bar and thats it for now? Or are front lowers a good option as well?

I went with new coils. For you only getting spacers I would look at the teraflex 2.5" kit. It come with brake line drop brackets and will be plenty long enough.

I'm still running my factory track bar so you will be fine on that account.

Front lowers from JKS, currie, or EVO are a great option as they will fix your caster.

For the shocks you may not be able to run them when you move to the enforcer. When Hinrich moved up to the enforcer his front shocks were not long enough so he didn't get a lot of droop. The EVO rock star skids allowed him to keep the rear shocks and only need to lengthen the fronts.

Sent from my iPhone

hlax2525

I went with new coils. For you only getting spacers I would look at the teraflex 2.5" kit. It come with brake line drop brackets and will be plenty long enough.

I'm still running my factory track bar so you will be fine on that account.

Front lowers from JKS, currie, or EVO are a great option as they will fix your caster.

For the shocks you may not be able to run them when you move to the enforcer. When Hinrich moved up to the enforcer his front shocks were not long enough so he didn't get a lot of droop. The EVO rock star skids allowed him to keep the rear shocks and only need to lengthen the fronts.

Sent from my iPhone

So as of right now, this is the kit i am going to get, as most people i see with the budget boost run this. In the shock department, I have to find a deal on some shocks- I'm still between 5100's, 7000mt, 9000xl. Also do i need anything else, since this has the brake line brackets, bump stop extensions, etc? And with regards to track bar and control arms, are they necessary at this point? If so are they necessary to do with the kit or can they wait until after the fact when I have the money?
thanks man for the help

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So as of right now, this is the kit i am going to get, as most people i see with the budget boost run this. In the shock department, I have to find a deal on some shocks- I'm still between 5100's, 7000mt, 9000xl. Also do i need anything else, since this has the brake line brackets, bump stop extensions, etc? And with regards to track bar and control arms, are they necessary at this point? If so are they necessary to do with the kit or can they wait until after the fact when I have the money?
thanks man for the help

Here is the kit I'm talking about. Eddies write up on it shows you everything you will get.
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3976-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-2-5-quot-Budget-Boost-Installation-Write-Up

For the shocks I would look at Rancho. They have a rebate going on right now which can save you tons of money.

No you don't need a new trackbar. Your factory one is good as is.

Sent from my iPhone

hlax2525

Here is the kit I'm talking about. Eddies write up on it shows you everything you will get.
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3976-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-2-5-quot-Budget-Boost-Installation-Write-Up

For the shocks I would look at Rancho. They have a rebate going on right now which can save you tons of money.

No you don't need a new trackbar. Your factory one is good as is.

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks man, I'll take a look. I would love to tackle this with my dad, but he's kind of apprehensive about it. I think it wouldn't be too bad if we did it together and maybe had an extra hand to wrench with.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks man, I'll take a look. I would love to tackle this with my dad, but he's kind of apprehensive about it. I think it wouldn't be too bad if we did it together and maybe had an extra hand to wrench with.

It's a really simple install. You shouldn't have any issues at all doing it your driveway. Also you will learn something new which is always a plus!

Sent from my iPhone

MrHooah04

Just make sure to pick up a set of spring compressors at an advanced auto or auto zone. They make you pay for them but reimburse once you return them. They'll make your job a lotttttt easier! Trust me, I learned that the hard way haha.

Chevy Dave

Just make sure to pick up a set of spring compressors at an advanced auto or auto zone. They make you pay for them but reimburse once you return them. They'll make your job a lotttttt easier! Trust me, I learned that the hard way haha.

This. I did mine in the snow in February and got the coils in by laying flat on my back in the snow, sliding a wrench under the second coil from the bottom and pushing up while my buddy guided the coil into place. It worked but it sucked

OllllllllO Instagram @LucyTheJeep

Top Bottom