Turning while in 4wd causes shake in wheel

Woogi

I have a '07 JKU and I noticed when its in 4wd and I turn left or right (say, hard enough to turn from a stop sign) I get some shaking in the wheel and it almost feels like something is in a bind.

This happens in 4wd High (havnt checked low yet) and if i turn 'sharp' at low speeds.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
its normal. if you try it in 4 low you will notice that it will not do it. just try to limit how hard you are actually turning while in 4hi

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have a '07 JKU and I noticed when its in 4wd and I turn left or right (say, hard enough to turn from a stop sign) I get some shaking in the wheel and it almost feels like something is in a bind.

This happens in 4wd High (havnt checked low yet) and if i turn 'sharp' at low speeds.

You should NOT be running in 4WD while on dry pavement. If you do this in low range, you can break an axle. ONLY use 4WD on loose surfaces.

Jersey_Devil

Cv axles will stop that and let u turn to full lock in 4wd but like cozdude said its normal on any vehicle with a solid front axle.

Sent from my obama monitoring device

compton94

You should NOT be running in 4WD while on dry pavement. If you do this in low range, you can break an axle. ONLY use 4WD on loose surfaces.

2x This...

I had the same question about 2-3 weeks ago. totally makes sense because off pavement, my rig was fine.

dannymalkin

When turning the inner tire travels a shorter distance than the outer, but they try to travel the same distance anyway. Which is fine on a loose surface just not pavement!

Top Bottom