Morris4x4 Plagiarizing WAYALIFE (Apology Made)

CaliCrusher

Maybe this is old news but I didn't find a thread on it. And maybe these guys have permission to use Project-JK material. But I just read the write up for the transmission fluid change and noticed through google that Morris 4x4 has the identical write up, pics and all. There is credit for the photos at the bottom, but the whole "write up" is almost identical. If there is an agreement I apologize, but clearly not enough credit is given. And certainly Kevin Phillips and Morris 4x4 shouldn't take ANY credit for this.
http://www.jeep4x4center.com/blog/?p=1648

Admin Note: Morris has owned up and apologized. You can see their letter here:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...E-Apology-Made&p=334882&viewfull=1#post334882

CaliCrusher

"With a step by step guide provided by the Jeep experts here at Morris 4×4 Center"

I doubt it.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
First I've heard about it. Looks like they totally ripped me off and now lying about it :naw:

JamesWyatt

Invariably you'll hear, "Oh, our designer did that, and we didn't know." followed by varying degrees of owning up. Back up in time and the real story: the designer's telling them they just can't steal content, and they say, "You're being ridiculous, just post it up. I don't pay you to think."

trailless

Caught the Bug
Sorry about this. I guess I'll continue shopping else where.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

They did give credit for the photos to Project-JK.

I ordered something from them once but had to get a replacement part and they gave me the run around. Looks like I will take my business elsewhere.

R/
Will

terrabit

Wow, what a bunch of amateurs. I'd see what kind of legal recourse you might have. At the very least they owe you an apology, and probably ought to pay some kind of royalty. The company I work for experienced this same sort of thing, actually worse. They plagiarized research data and clinical studies that our scientists created and used it to sell their own (genetic testing for drug sensitivity). Our CEO sent a cease and desist order in an email and cc'd their board of directors. A hilarious shit storm ensued. They actually manipulated our logo also. Big no nos.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is just complete and total BS!! I can't believe a company like this would just RIP ME OFF in this manner and try to play it off as their own. Sure, they left all my watermarks on the photos but aside from that, these are MY write-ups.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
well in all fairness on the OP's link, they did edit the "What you need list" to include links to their products. :grayno::rolleyes2:

Very shitty.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
It's the guy's response to the poster's question that's so comical. "Yeah, we have such a great relationship with them, we can give them credit for only half of their work". He'll probably sell you CAD drawings to some DIY EVO sliders too... :grayno:

JAGS

Hooked
I somehow missed this earlier. Total BS. Unfortunately, the legal ramifications often cost more to litigate than worth the result. I went through very similar thing with a previous hospital client. Developed an entire 15+ page website with unique content, researched, written, etc that was copyright protected under the parent domain. Within a month of site launch, a neighbor hospital competitor copy and pasted all the content onto their site. I was pissed to say the least. There are clear copyright violations here, so hopefully Morris does the right thing.

Top Bottom