ARB twin compressor crack!!

noroad

So i just hooked it up and heard a little air coming out and traced it down to this small crack where the air comes out! Do you guys no where to buy a new cap i bought off a friend and have no receipt! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403478004.894180.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403478020.453347.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1403478033.464472.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I'd call ARB. That's a pretty specific part and I wouldn't think it would be easy to find in the general market.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
did you over tighten it and it cracked? most air fittings are" flared", not sure the correct term, but get wider towards the end of the fitting

noroad

(866) 293-9078
That's there customer service number. One if them.

Thanks i will call in the am, do you think there is something that i can seal it with just for the week as i am getting a locker put in and im pretty sure they will need it just to run tests??

Serg5000

Thanks i will call in the am, do you think there is something that i can seal it with just for the week as i am getting a locker put in and im pretty sure they will need it just to run tests??

I'm not sure it can be sealed. Maybe try JB weld. If it's just to test your lockers it might hold for a short while. But don't bet on it. It's a long shot.

noroad

I'm not sure it can be sealed. Maybe try JB weld. If it's just to test your lockers it might hold for a short while. But don't bet on it. It's a long shot.

Ya i just need something just in case i cant get a new one by wedz

Napalm90

Same happend to me. Call them and the will ship you a new piece. Try not to per tighten, hook every thing up then ru the compressor and tighten till you hear no more leaks. Use lots of Teflon tape

noroad

Same happend to me. Call them and the will ship you a new piece. Try not to per tighten, hook every thing up then ru the compressor and tighten till you hear no more leaks. Use lots of Teflon tape

Cool thanks for the tip!!
Just called an new one is on the way!

suicideking

Mine died a couple weeks ago. I had it pulled last week.

Turns out the 'thermal overloads' are bad. Supposedly, this is a common problem with the dual. It's under warranty still, but the part is out of stock at ARB and may take a few weeks. Ugh!

noroad

Turns out the 'thermal overloads' are bad. Supposedly, this is a common problem with the dual. It's under warranty still, but the part is out of stock at ARB and may take a few weeks. Ugh!

O man that sucks! Did they say if there was a way to prevent that? How did u figure out that was the problem!

Serg5000

When I first installed mine it was bad from the get go. After talking with customer care at ARB, they said they know of the issue. I was told that during manufacturing the issue was not caught. What kept me from being disappointed was their crazy fast service. After the technician explain what was wrong, all he said was there will be a new unit on its way by mid day. Send us your when you get it out of your vehicle. Never has a problem since.

suicideking

O man that sucks! Did they say if there was a way to prevent that? How did u figure out that was the problem!

I got the info second hand from my shop, so didn't hear about prevention. Basically, it worked all day on the trail for my rear locker. Then when I went to air up, it died completely after about 1/4 of my first tire.

When I first installed mine it was bad from the get go. After talking with customer care at ARB, they said they know of the issue. I was told that during manufacturing the issue was not caught. What kept me from being disappointed was their crazy fast service. After the technician explain what was wrong, all he said was there will be a new unit on its way by mid day. Send us your when you get it out of your vehicle. Never has a problem since.

Hopefully it doesn't break again. That's why I was considering a small compressor just for the locker. I'm thinking about having it relocated using the dual battery mount like you mentioned in another thread. Probably going to go that route since I'm broke and don't want to spend anymore than I have to right now. If it EVER breaks again, I will definitely buy another compressor for the locker and just use this one for airing up.

I'm hoping they get me the part soon. There's a run I want to go on 7/5, but don't think I'll want to go without my rear locker.

Top Bottom