Rock Lobster - 2013 Moab Edition Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is it red? Is it orange? Or, is it somewhere in between with a little something else thrown into the mix? Honestly, I have no idea but, one of the 'hot' new colors for 2013 is definitely bright and it's called Rock Lobster. Here are a few shots of a new 2013 MOAB Edition JK Unlimited that we saw at the 2012 OC Auto Show. Put on your sunglasses and enjoy :cool:

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

So, what do you say - Love it or hate it? :cool:

Blonda

I like it. As with all bright colors...it will look awesome on a built JK. The color match top though--not so much.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Color looks good. Is that red stitching on the seats? If so, nice touch. :thumb:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Never been a red guy, but it would look great built up. Get any intel on Anvil (aka trash can gray)? My luck Jeep will release the color but only in some silly special anniversary $50k Sahara package.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I'm diggin it! Get rid of the painted hardtop, throw a decent lift and 37s or 40s on it, along with some good bumpers, and it'll look awesome.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
It's ugly as hell, it's not orange that's for sure. It's more redish pink

Last edited:

munstie

That will be alot of money to pay for bumpers, winch and stickers, I think they couldve done a better job thinking outside the box and probably still sold it for the same price. And that painted top needs to go.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
It's a cool color that if I had a lot of money to toss around would make for an eye-catching rig if built up. Not a color I'd want if it were my only jeep, but would be cool to have as a second option. Don't like those full width bumpers at all :icon_crazy:

koop2

To help the people who are on the fence about the color I saw it today. Its a nice color but im glad I looked at it before I went unknown and got one because now I would get one but it would be for the wife not me. It is a nice color but its not what I though it would be and light does affect color!

FoxC

maybe its just the picture or maybe its just me, but it looks like the fenders dont match the body color very well...:thinking:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
To help the people who are on the fence about the color I saw it today. Its a nice color but im glad I looked at it before I went unknown and got one because now I would get one but it would be for the wife not me. It is a nice color but its not what I though it would be and light does affect color!

thanks for posting up the pics. seeing some outdoor shots was nice :thumb:

maybe its just the picture or maybe its just me, but it looks like the fenders dont match the body color very well...:thinking:

i think it's just the lighting. they seemed to match when i saw them.

koop2

Not a problem I have not seen any good ones out side so when I saw it in person I had to get them! Plus I was thinking I wanted this color so since im dying to get my new jeep I though for sure this would be it but im not really sure the wife said worse come to worse just give it to her and i can take her white one! I think with a lift and some wheels it might work for me but to be honest at some angles it does look like a now N later! Kinda of pinkish red then a nice deep red! So it matches but the light can mess with the color and I have a dozer now and everybody thinks it's yellow not Orange don't get me started on that! And I dont want to get this and be know as the black guy in the pink jeep!

Yes its Orange!
IMG_0614_zpsa7fa19ed.jpg

CPSOX

Really, really tough to accurately capture the color. I love it though, stands out from all the "normal" red vehicles on the road. It can sometimes get some pink in pics, but not so in person.

Attachments

• image-532372533.jpg
    image-532372533.jpg
    473.2 KB · Views: 89
  • image-3523574750.jpg
    image-3523574750.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 89
  • image-256504007.jpg
    image-256504007.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 86
  • image-2454420072.jpg
    image-2454420072.jpg
    471.9 KB · Views: 87
  • image-3078264828.jpg
    image-3078264828.jpg
    441.3 KB · Views: 88

MTG

Caught the Bug
CPSOX said:
Really, really tough to accurately capture the color. I love it though, stands out from all the "normal" red vehicles on the road. It can sometimes get some pink in pics, but not so in person.

Triple rock!

Top Bottom