Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CAMP JEEP : Get a Taste of the Jeep Way of Life

CAMP JEEP : Get a Taste of the Jeep Way of Life

Let's face it, we all got our start somewhere and for those of you who are looking to get a taste of the Jeep way of life, I would highly recommend that you visit a Camp Jeep near you. Found at events like Jeep Jamborees and local auto shows, Camp Jeep is an interactive fun zone designed for the whole family to enjoy and of course, one that allows you to take a short test ride in a Jeep JK Wrangler. Driven by a professional driver, you will be taken on a ride over tree stumps and logs that highlight the maneuverability and clearance of the Wrangler. You will also be taken across a steep, 30 degree off camber hill and opposing articulation ramps that allow you to see first hand just how nimble and stable the Wrangler's suspension really is. Last but not least, you will be taken up and over the 35 degree, Jeep Mountain, which is a hill 18 feet high and demonstrates the Wrangler's superior traction to get you up it and hill assist feature that helps you to get back down.

To give you an idea of what you can expect to see and experience, this short video will show you highlights from the Camp Jeep we visited with some friends during the Orange County International Auto Show in Anaheim, California. We hope you enjoy.

CAMP JEEP : Get a Taste of the Jeep way of life

Looks like fun.

It's a lot of fun and does a great job of showing off what Jeep can do.
    2010 Red Rubicon
    EVO Long Arm
    EVO Front Coilovers
    EVO Lever Rear Coilovers
    Dynatrac Pro Rock 60's Full floater
    ARB Lockers
    RCV Chromolly inner/outers & Front Shaft
    PSC hydraulic ram assist
    Mastercraft Baja RS seats
    J.E. Reel 1350 drive shafts
    ATX Slabs
    Goodyear 40" MTR/Kevlars

That's a great idea. They should have a cabin camera for the off camber. I bet a lot of non-offroaders get pretty puckered with that.
    Last edited by Sharkey; 10-08-2012 at 02:22 AM.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

well, it was especially fun that our good canadian friend, chris came

seriously, i think jeep does a great job with camp jeep and when you're there, you can really see how excited all the soon to be jeepers are about the whole thing. we love it and that's why we decided to make this little clip.

a big thanks to canandian chris, dave, chris and jen for joining us out at camp jeep and for helping us to make this video

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    That's a great idea. They should have a cabin camera for the off camber. I bet a lot of non-offroaders get pretty puckered with that.
    honestly, i was getting a bit puckered especially when chris started to bounce us in an attempt to tip us
    fortunately for us, the jk was more stable than that

The Original Smartass piginajeep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife

honestly, i was getting a bit puckered especially when chris started to bounce us in an attempt to tip us
    fortunately for us, the jk was more stable than that
    I tried! I was really impressed at how stable it was. Not even close to feeling tippy
    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)
    1953 M38A1

The Original Smartass piginajeep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey
    The jeepers were scared too
    Last edited by Sharkey; 10-08-2012 at 02:23 AM.
    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)
    1953 M38A1

Good times. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait for the LA Show and a return to Camp Jeep! I get to bring Laura to camp with me next time.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisB

The jeepers were scared too
    Chris I'm going with you next time and I'll do the bouncing! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by DManuel
    Good times. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait for the LA Show and a return to Camp Jeep! I get to bring Laura to camp with me next time.
    Dave leave your sun glasses in your truck next time.
    2010 Red Rubicon
    EVO Long Arm
    EVO Front Coilovers
    EVO Lever Rear Coilovers
    Dynatrac Pro Rock 60's Full floater
    ARB Lockers
    RCV Chromolly inner/outers & Front Shaft
    PSC hydraulic ram assist
    Mastercraft Baja RS seats
    J.E. Reel 1350 drive shafts
    ATX Slabs
    Goodyear 40" MTR/Kevlars