calling on Eddie

Eddie,

got a question for you since I know you have first hand experiance, but maybe others on here have also had experience i dont know...

Im about to order new tires for my junk and i want honest opinion based strickly on toughness and trail grip on rocks wet and dry im not a mud bogging jeeper

Currently I run 38x14.50x16 Toyo MT

Im looking at replacing with 40" toyo MT or 40x15.50x20 mud grappler

I know you have had both on your jeep and i want your opinion

Road manners doesnt mean shit my jeep only moves to get to the trail otherwise it sits... noise doesnt matter, I want to know which performed better offroad and which you think is tougher overall.

thanks man

cheers

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie,

got a question for you since I know you have first hand experiance, but maybe others on here have also had experience i dont know...

Im about to order new tires for my junk and i want honest opinion based strickly on toughness and trail grip on rocks wet and dry im not a mud bogging jeeper

Currently I run 38x14.50x16 Toyo MT

Im looking at replacing with 40" toyo MT or 40x15.50x20 mud grappler

I know you have had both on your jeep and i want your opinion

Road manners doesnt mean shit my jeep only moves to get to the trail otherwise it sits... noise doesnt matter, I want to know which performed better offroad and which you think is tougher overall.

thanks man

cheers

Without question, the Mud Grapplers are the better tire. To clarify, they are essentially the same tire only the Mud Grapplers have a much more aggressive tread that wants to claw its way on the rocks and the sidewalls lug are so big and beefy that they alone can get you over an obstacle. It's too bad that you aren't closer as I still have mine with only 10,000 miles on them and mounted on Slabs that I can't use (wrong bolt pattern).

xkid

Do you want the toughest tire so you don't have to have a spare? Just wondering.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Without question, the Mud Grapplers are the better tire. To clarify, they are essentially the same tire only the Mud Grapplers have a much more aggressive tread that wants to claw its way on the rocks and the sidewalls lug are so big and beefy that they alone can get you over an obstacle. It's too bad that you aren't closer as I still have mine with only 10,000 miles on them and mounted on Slabs that I can't use (wrong bolt pattern).

Paging ttfhell, 40's!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Won't he have the same bolt pattern issue? :thinking:

I'm thinking I need them for the next 9 runs/2 years. :yup:

Not sure on that but they are for 20's. I forgot. Idk what the bolt pattern is. He is running 5x5.5 though.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The wheels have a 5x5.5 bolt pattern. Moby is running 8 lug now so I can't use them.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! I can post up pics. The spare is brand new and we literally only have 10,000 miles on them.

Top Bottom