Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeep J12 - Mopar Underground Jeep Truck Concept Photos

Jeep J12 - Mopar Underground Jeep Truck Concept Photos

At the recent 2012 Off Road Expo, Dynatrac had the awesome red Mopar Underground Jeep J12 concept truck on display at their booth and as you can imagine, this caused quite a bit of buzz!! Even though this was originally debuted at the 2012 Moab Easter Jeep Safari, there clearly have been a lot of folks who hadn't seen it before and so, I thought it would be nice to post up some high quality pics of it here. We hope you enjoy

Man, you've just gotta love the vintage styling on this beauty!!

Unlike the JK8 and Nukizer, this awesome rig has more of a real truck bed!

Love the retro interior with plaid upholstery and low back seats...

Not really a hubcap kind of guy but, these sure look cool on the old school steel wheels...

Hope you enjoyed the pics

Fresh Catch

Thanks!

Thanks for posting up more pics! Answered a few detail questions that I'd had about the J12. I want to build something like it someday. I love the look of this rig-somehow reminds me of my grandpa :P

The Original Smartass piginajeep's Avatar
    I love this truck. I want that front clip!
    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)
    1953 M38A1

I keep waiting for jeep to get their shit together so i can write a check!
    2013 Dune JKU Rubicon <-- Build Thread

37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" ATX Slabs, EVO BO Coilovers Front and Rear, GenRight Rear Tire Carrier, RK Front lower Control Arms, Adams 1310 Front DS, LOD Sliders, DynoMax Comp Exhaust, EVO ProTek Skids, Fender Trim, EVO 1/4 Pounder and stinger, Warn 9.5ti, EVO C-Gussets, AEV Procal, Trektop NX

***Buy Jeep parts Made in the U.S.A.!!!***

I agree ^^^^

But that hasn't kept me from planning on paying off the JK as quick as possible.... You know, just in case =)
    ECTO / 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon --- (non-Jeep) RIOTT / 1997 Chevrolet Z71

Quote Originally Posted by RockIt Man View Post
    I agree ^^^^

But that hasn't kept me from planning on paying off the JK as quick as possible.... You know, just in case =)
    oh yeah, i can guarantee you that a truck will be sitting in my garage if one were to ever come out. and, not that i don't like the JK8 but, i want a real truck

What impressed me most about this truck was its grill, it wasn't a cheap, thin plastic, snapped on cover like our JK's. It was actually rea, just like the Jeep trucks from the 60's thru 80's! It was made from stamped steel, the chrome was actually the real deal too, heavy metal plating. Very cool!
    2009 Black Rubicon Unlimited
    EVO Long Arm w/Envy Links
    EVO Front Double Throw Down
    EVO Lever Rear w/Double Throw Down
    Dynatrac Pro Rock 60's f/r
    PSC hydraulic ram assist
    Mastercraft Baja RS seats
    J.E. Reel 1350 drive shafts
    ATX Slab wheels
    40" Nitto Mud Grapplers

Quote Originally Posted by GCM 2 View Post
    What impressed me most about this truck was its grill, it wasn't a cheap, thin plastic, snapped on cover like our JK's. It was actually rea, just like the Jeep trucks from the 60's thru 80's! It was made from stamped steel, the chrome was actually the real deal too, heavy metal plating. Very cool!
    i'll tell you, the grill really got me thinking. i mean, being that it was stamped, there must have been some tooling made to stamp it. why go through all that trouble just for a one-off? however, after talking to some of the peeps i know at chrysler, i was lead to believe that maybe a JK front clip conversion kit was going to be made available but, you never know for sure with these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    i'll tell you, the grill really got me thinking. i mean, being that it was stamped, there must have been some tooling made to stamp it. why go through all that trouble just for a one-off? however, after talking to some of the peeps i know at chrysler, i was lead to believe that maybe a JK front clip conversion kit was going to be made available but, you never know for sure with these guys.
    Like you, I would own that thing! Or even better we could just re-body Moby and EVOJEEP, keep all the good components down below, but have probably the sweetest looking offroad truck around.

The Mopar Underground guys at Chrysler are in the end always held to the bean counters bottom line figures. Doing a full steel front clip of that quality would never pass the smell test for the accountants. I'm sure if they went forward with it, the cost saving measures instituted would have the end product looking quite different from the J12 we see here.

But maybe with all my negativity, the will just prove me wrong!
    2009 Black Rubicon Unlimited
    EVO Long Arm w/Envy Links
    EVO Front Double Throw Down
    EVO Lever Rear w/Double Throw Down
    Dynatrac Pro Rock 60's f/r
    PSC hydraulic ram assist
    Mastercraft Baja RS seats
    J.E. Reel 1350 drive shafts
    ATX Slab wheels
    40" Nitto Mud Grapplers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast