Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford Troller T4 - Yea or Nay?

Cool Ford Troller T4 - Yea or Nay?

For those of you who never venture out of the Jeep world, there's a Brazilian company called Troller that Ford acquired a while back and earlier in the summer, released what is known as the Troller T4. Essentially, it's a 4WD vehicle that is something akin to an oversized modernized Daihatsu Rock or old school 2-d-door Isuzu Trooper or even Mitsubishi Montaro. Basically, something that if Ford were to release it here in America, it might prove to be competition for the Wrangler. Anyway, I know it's not a Jeep but was wondering what you guys thought about it.

Here's the original article I had read about it on Jalopnik earlier this summer.

The Troller T4 Is The Modern Ford Bronco We Need And Deserve
    By Patrick George

xnjwxd2j7f4joee73nbp.jpg

If you made a list of all the American classic cars we'd like to see resurrected, the classic Ford Bronco would rank pretty high up there. Troller, a division of Ford, just debuted the most desirable neo-Bronco I think I've seen yet. Too bad it's not headed our way.

This is the Ford Troller T4. If you're not familiar with Troller, it's a Brazilian maker of trucks and off-roading vehicles that has been around since the 1990s and became a subsidiary of Ford in the last decade.

The T4 is their latest vehicle, and their first since the takeover. That explains why it pretty clearly draws its inspiration from the old Bronco. I see a little bit of Jeep, Land Rover and Toyota FJ influence in there too.

m78nmm0kg6wuelemxwpg.jpg

The T4 is 4x4 (duh) and powered by a 3.2-liter turbodiesel engine with unspecified power mated to a six-speed manual transmission. AutoEvolution says it also has heavy-duty Dana axles, a sway bar disconnect feature, and a high-mounted air intake.

Sounds great, right? Now for the sad part: this Bronco is for Brazil only, no matter how badly we want it. And that's a real shame. America demands a new Bronco, and this could do the trick! Who wouldn't want to go Trolling in this T4?

qslpmnsuavxcqocwvga0.jpg

Article can be found here:
    http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/the-tr...-de-1585307889
    Of course, this article that I just saw this morning by Andrew P. Collins is what prompted me to post up about it today. What do you think of this thing? Is Andrew on to something or just ON something?

This Troller T4 Concept Is All Your Favorite Old-School SUVs, Plus Armor
    By Andrew P. Collins

xcccl5qapuoawsudyr2m.jpg

The Troller T4 is one of the coolest and most capable new SUVs on the world market. It's also got a short enough wheelbase to squeeze just about anywhere. So how could it possibly be improved? With heaping swaths of armor and LEDs, obviously.

xdlex0lhyfqfcn9upawk.jpg

Since Ford acquired the off-road outfit Troller for its Brazilian market in 2007, the Troller T4 has been the spiritual successor to the Bronco. With rough-n-tumble looks and mountain-goat moves to back them up it competes with off-road pickups, the Jeep Wrangler, and the Toyota FJ Cruiser (while it's still with us).

The truck is being trotted out for the São Paulo Auto Show to exhibit "versatility of the new applications Troller T4 and highlight the functionality of the utility."

gljutfaeoq2bibodoprn.jpg

As Troller's main marketing woman Clara Freire divulges (translated from Brazilian Portuguese):

"The Troller is already developed vehicles for the Environmental Police and Fire Department. Now, we bring the theme of redemption on a concept that takes advantage of the characteristics of the vehicle. Also we have evolved with special off-road version that will be used as a test market in the Hall. This version uses the strength and robustness of T4 to overcome any challenge with a distinctive and striking look."

v0tunofjmfnavhmec7qx.jpg

Full article can be found here:
    http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/this-f...1314958/+damon

Been Around the Block Sithwindu's Avatar
    Would definitely give the wrangler some competition indeed! Not a bad design! Would be fun to see it released in America but don't think ford would take that risk

Actually I kind of like it. Given the name, it would be a perfect vehicle for Overlander to use to cruise the local high school.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

I like it! Looks like an FJ on roids.
    DID I MENTION MY RIG IS FOR SALE?

“Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.”

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...
    Explore. Dream. Discover."

"Take a compass, because it's always awkward when you have to eat a friend."

Quote Originally Posted by catahoula View Post
    I like it! Looks like an FJ on roids.
    Agreed! Thought it's like the fj and the patrol had a baby then injected it with steroids. Looks sick though

If Wrangler sales keep at their high numbers it only would make sense for Ford to try to capture a piece of the market, But I don't think its coming as they might cut into their own Raptor sales.
    My ability to modify my Jeep is deciding where to add the desert pin striping

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    Actually I kind of like it. Given the name, it would be a perfect vehicle for Overlander to use to cruise the local high school.
    very fitting!
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

I would give it a shot, definitely has some potential. Although the copper and bronze concept model was a little too churched up for my taste, kind of like when jeep did the same to the Gladiator truck back in the day before the JK (just like they always do a little too much melodramatic styling on a concept to gauge where the market is at on it before the final product gets blessed off).
    2009 Black Rubicon Unlimited
    EVO Long Arm w/Envy Links
    EVO Front Double Throw Down
    EVO Lever Rear w/Double Throw Down
    Dynatrac Pro Rock 60's f/r
    PSC hydraulic ram assist
    Mastercraft Baja RS seats
    J.E. Reel 1350 drive shafts
    ATX Slab wheels
    40" Nitto Mud Grapplers

Quote Originally Posted by Sithwindu View Post
    Would definitely give the wrangler some competition indeed! Not a bad design! Would be fun to see it released in America but don't think ford would take that risk
    Quote Originally Posted by stweasel View Post
    If Wrangler sales keep at their high numbers it only would make sense for Ford to try to capture a piece of the market, But I don't think its coming as they might cut into their own Raptor sales.
    It's sad to say but, I agree, I really doubt that Ford would bring it over here and really, that's a shame. Hell, they don't even sell the Ranger here anymore even though they still make it and sell it overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by GCM 2 View Post
    I would give it a shot, definitely has some potential. Although the copper and bronze concept model was a little too churched up for my taste, kind of like when jeep did the same to the Gladiator truck back in the day before the JK (just like they always do a little too much melodramatic styling on a concept to gauge where the market is at on it before the final product gets blessed off).
    Oh yeah, the "churched up" copper/bronze article is what made me want to post this up but, unless I'm seeing things, this Troller T4 at least has solid axles and could be fun to wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    ......unless I'm seeing things, this Troller T4 at least has solid axles and could be fun to wheel.
    It does say it has Dana "axles". Plus, that sure looks like a driver's side diff housing/cover
    2009 Black Rubicon Unlimited
    EVO Long Arm w/Envy Links
    EVO Front Double Throw Down
    EVO Lever Rear w/Double Throw Down
    Dynatrac Pro Rock 60's f/r
    PSC hydraulic ram assist
    Mastercraft Baja RS seats
    J.E. Reel 1350 drive shafts
    ATX Slab wheels
    40" Nitto Mud Grapplers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast