Kentucky wheeling

Anyone on here in the kentucky area know of any good trails or other places to get the JK off the blacktop?

Check out Wind Rock OHV near Knoxville, TN. It looks to be about 2 hours from where you are.

Golden Mountain OHV is about 3 hours away.

I just googled Off Road Parks in TN and KY

There is Rush OFF Road Park in Rush, KY which is about 2 hours away as well.

R/
Will

Check out Wind Rock OHV near Knoxville, TN. It looks to be about 2 hours from where you are.

Golden Mountain OHV is about 3 hours away.

I just googled Off Road Parks in TN and KY

There is Rush OFF Road Park in Rush, KY which is about 2 hours away as well.

R/
Will
Awesome thanks. I found that they just opened wildcat offroad only two counties away. Definately gonna go check that out. Gotta somehow make it out west one day.

That is on my bucket list too. Be sure to have at least one other jeep with you just in case you get into trouble. Have recovery gear to self recover if necessary.

That is on my bucket list too. Be sure to have at least one other jeep with you just in case you get into trouble. Have recovery gear to self recover if necessary.

Yea definately sound advice. Ive done a lot of offroading in my day, but its always been atv or sXs. Taking an expensive daily driver wheeling is new territory for me.

JoeHawk

Mid TN area here! Turkey Bay OHV at land between the lakes is awesome! It's on the border of Kentucky and Tennessee. Wheelin in the country is another good one, as well as adventure off-road! Message me for more info brother! Hope to see you out there!

Mid TN area here! Turkey Bay OHV at land between the lakes is awesome! It's on the border of Kentucky and Tennessee. Wheelin in the country is another good one, as well as adventure off-road! Message me for more info brother! Hope to see you out there!

Sure thing. I need to start breaking this thing in other than being used as the dad-mobile. :rolleyes:

I'm in STL which isn't too terribly far away. We should plan a midwest WOL weekend wheeling trip sometime!

Last edited:

rodgerdathug

I went to Interlake up in Indiana it's is near evenvilles (I think that's what's called). Not bad some hard shit and some nice trail riding. That is where I went to on my first jeep outing lol. I'm from the ft Knox Radcliff area

I went to Interlake up in Indiana it's is near evenvilles (I think that's what's called). Not bad some hard shit and some nice trail riding. That is where I went to on my first jeep outing lol. I'm from the ft Knox Radcliff area

I'm in STL which isn't too terribly far away. We should plan a midwest WOL weekend wheeling trip sometime!

Sounds like we need to make push to organize something in the western ky/southern indiana area in the future. Im not lookin for anything insane. Just some fun terrain to put the jk through its paces and go some places other vehicles cant.

BigWillysStyle

Sorry to open a dead thread butttt

Rush Offroad is local to me here in Ashland 7000 acres and 150+mi of trail. Been out there once but was alone without self recovery stuff ( dumb I know) but it's pretty nice.
I hear about ppl going to Slade In the red river gorge/natural bridge area to wheel all the time and I would love to get in on some of that. Some pics I've seem there's a trail that drives through a cave.
There's a place called Dirt Nasty in Morehead, I know the guys that own it and they are pretty good dudes but I've never been to their park.
All that being said I'm all in for a KY wheeling trip sometime:rock:

holliewood61

There is also some good wheelin in harlan. Coal creek down in tn isnt bad either. If youre in eastern ky, the ivy branch of the Hatfield McCoy trail near charelston wv is pretty sweet too

JArnold

There is also some good wheelin in harlan. Coal creek down in tn isnt bad either. If youre in eastern ky, the ivy branch of the Hatfield McCoy trail near charelston wv is pretty sweet too

^^^ Black Mtn - Harlan , Ky - Evarts,Ky

Awesome wheeling ! Varying terrain, but there's lots of buggies everywhere.

Coal Creek - Oliver Springs, Tn , Knoxville,Tn , oak ridge, Tn

I've only had the chance to ride one trail (trail 22 - once labeled as a moderate but recently changed to Extremely Difficult). It was an absolute blast and I can't wait to go back. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430688031.900198.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430688052.785919.jpg

Jerms

I would definitely check out black mtn in Harlan Ky first. I've been several times and it's everything you want. If you looking for nothing but balls to the walls, check out golden mtn in Sparta Tn. This place is nuts. Do not go there without a trailer. Then Windrock, Tn, it's got a few nice difficult trails if you choose to run them. Those three in order is what I'd recommend. I'll be in Ky Memorial Day and in Sparta the first week of July.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I will be in Buchanan Tennessee so hopefully I can make it to some of these parks in the area! I need to wheel bad!

Top Bottom