South Dakota Ends its 'Dont Jerk and Drive' Public Safety Campaign

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just can't believe it!! "Jerking Isn't a Joke" was a legitimate public safety campaign in the state of South Dakota designed to alert drivers to not overcorrect their steering wheel when driving on snowy and icy winter roads, also known as, "jerking the wheel"!

qudsqwjnpqpfa4fwxtl2.jpg

For reasons that I can't possibly imagine, people were taking this PSA the wrong way and were offended by it. :thinking: :idontknow: :crazyeyes: :cheesy:

South Dakota halts 'Dont Jerk and Drive' campaign
Officials for the state of South Dakota have removed a “Don't Jerk and Drive” safety campaign after complaints about the sexual overtones of the message.

The campaign, created by the state's Department of Public Safety, was meant to ask drivers not to overcorrect, or jerk, steering wheels while driving on icy and snowy roads.

But officials opted to kill the campaign after multiple complaints that the phrase wasn't appropriate.

"This is an important safety message and I don't want this innuendo to distract from our goal to save lives on the road," said DPS secretary Trevor Jones.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/27619126/south-dakota-halts-dont-jerk-and-drive-campaign

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
LOL! Wow you really can't make this stuff up can you! This is to freaking funny! :cheesy:

JLSilerJK

wow. No one in South Dakota Gov't was like "hey guys uh, am I the only one that...uh...?...oh nevermind..."

KingCopperhead

I lived in Lead, South Dakota from age 11 to 19, I'll explain the law to you guys.

The legal driving age is 14 years old between 8am and 8pm in most parts of South Dakota (so younger people can operate farm equipment and reduce the strain on rural bussing routs for schools)

At age 14 you just can't help it when the urge strikes. Lo and behold the "don't jerk and drive" campaign came to be. A preventative measure to help young (and some older) drivers from wadding up their cars on those long, lonely treks across the expansive state.

Tigrcky

I lived in Lead, South Dakota from age 11 to 19, I'll explain the law to you guys.

The legal driving age is 14 years old between 8am and 8pm in most parts of South Dakota (so younger people can operate farm equipment and reduce the strain on rural bussing routs for schools)

At age 14 you just can't help it when the urge strikes. Lo and behold the "don't jerk and drive" campaign came to be. A preventative measure to help young (and some older) drivers from wadding up their cars on those long, lonely treks across the expansive state.

:cheesy: wow just wow!

Top Bottom