Mauser gets some EVO swag!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Thought I would start a mini build thread for my 2014 Rubicon Unlimited nicknamed Mauser. :)

When I bought the Jeep back in June of last year, I spent about 3 weeks installing the following:

• AEV 3.5" RS Lift
  • Dynatrac ProSteer ball joints
  • AEV F/R bumpers
  • AEV tire carrier
  • JW Speaker headlights and fog lights
  • Synergy trackbar and trackbar brace
  • 35" BFG KM2s mounted on black Pintlers
  • AEV Heat Reduction Hood
  • Hot Head Liners
  • Warn 9.5cti-s winch

Over the next 6-12 months, I hope to evolve the build to include:
  • EVO F/R Coilovers
  • 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers
  • EVO Rock Sliders & Skins
  • EVO ProTek Armor

So far, I have installed the EVO Rock Skins and hoping to have the sliders welded on in the coming weeks.

Here are few pictures from the skin installation:

Holes drilled initially to 1/8" in preparation for the stepping bit:

Taping off the pinch seam for paint:

Wifey sanding down the pinch seam for paint while stylishly sporting a Wayalife hoodie!

Pinch seam painted:

Lots of nutserts! All holes were first painted with Mopar touch up paint, then each nutsert was siliconed into the hole for a little extra rust protection. Also, the Astro Pneumatic Nutsert tool was worth its weight in gold! It made installing 38 nutserts a breeze! :)

Done:

And last but not least, got the Waylife banner up!

Thanks for looking!
-Morgan

scull20

Looks awesome! Good job with the install. I'll be installing a set of skins on my white JKUR in the next few weeks as well. I'm glad to hear that the astro tool made things easy, I picked one of those up a month or so ago.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Very nice! No joke on the Astro. After using that thing I was looking for extra places to put my nuts...erts. ;)

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Looks awesome! Good job with the install. I'll be installing a set of skins on my white JKUR in the next few weeks as well. I'm glad to hear that the astro tool made things easy, I picked one of those up a month or so ago.

It's not even funny how much easier that tool made the install. I bet it took 10-15min to install one whole side of nutserts and that includes putting a little silicone on each one!

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Very nice! No joke on the Astro. After using that thing I was looking for extra places to put my nuts...erts. ;)

Thanks, but I don't know if it go that far! There's still something to the sound of a drill boring into the sheet metal! :)

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Liking the look. What is your endgame for the changes?
Had a nice setup before and curious
A specific trail or event?

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Liking the look. What is your endgame for the changes?
Had a nice setup before and curious
A specific trail or event?

I have really been enjoying the setup as is, but looking for a bit smoother of a ride and also looking to run trails like the Rubicon later this year.

The AEV coils are pretty stiff and I have my eye on EVO coilovers. However, for the time being, before dropping some serious coin on the coilovers, I am going to wheel what I've got and find out where I can improve.

Always up for suggestions and input though!

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Sounds like a solid plan.
I ran the Rubicon last year on AEV coils and it is one bumpy trail even on 37s with 10psi.

You will appreciate a hydro assist on a trail like that.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Headed to the shop this morning to get the sliders and gussets welded on! Woo hoo! :D

Attachments

• 1422537418800.jpg
    1422537418800.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 706

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Sliders and C-Gussets are on! The shop did a great job welding everything on and really took their time prepping everything. When it came to the gussets, they took it very slow working side to side letting everything cool down between welds.

Got it home and primed/painted everything. The paint was still a bit wet in the pictures, but dried to a more "satin/factory" finish.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get the Dynatrac covers bolted on.

-ERAU

Attachments

• 1422588738514.jpg
    1422588738514.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 658
  • 1422588748867.jpg
    1422588748867.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 661
  • 1422588757348.jpg
    1422588757348.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 657
  • 1422588771903.jpg