Mauser gets some EVO swag!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Wanted to try out a black grill so I picked one up from Craigslist for $30 that had a hack paint job.

Guy claimed it was Plastidip, but it was more like bed liner. Ended up using full strength stripper and took it down to bare plastic. Couple coats of primer, 4 coats of Plastidip and we're in business!

1443667608054.jpg

Lots more stripping to do
1443667623610.jpg

Primed and wet sanded
1443667703323.jpg

Finished product on the Jeep
1443667737739.jpg

doooodo

Thanks to the wonderful handiwork of Panda, Mauser now has some snazzy cut fenders that still compliment the full width AEV bumpers!

Thanks Rob!! :beer:

Before:
View attachment 162637

After:
View attachment 162638

View attachment 162639

View attachment 162640

Wow - your Jeep has gotten serious since the last time I saw it! (I bought your Rubi shocks). Looks great. When you cut your fenders, did you trim any of the support structure underneath? Or since you weren't going fully flat, were you able to just purely trim the outside of the fenders? I'm about to have to do the same, and trying to decide if I want to go flat style vs. what you've done here.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Wow - your Jeep has gotten serious since the last time I saw it! (I bought your Rubi shocks). Looks great. When you cut your fenders, did you trim any of the support structure underneath? Or since you weren't going fully flat, were you able to just purely trim the outside of the fenders? I'm about to have to do the same, and trying to decide if I want to go flat style vs. what you've done here.

Thanks!!

Panda cut my fenders for me, however, not a whole lot of underside support structure needed to be cut. I believe just two supporting brackets gut cut off near the center and front of the front fenders.

If you want to take a peek at them in person before taking the saw to them, let me know and we should be able to meet up pretty easily.

doooodo

Awesome - I'll give what I've got a try at Niagara Rim this weekend, and if there's rubbing, I'll take you up on your offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom