Coil time!

Mitrig

Hey guys so I am getting my lift finally together, originally I was going for a old man emu lift but after riding in them I did love it while loaded but when unloaded it was too jumpy and bouncy.

So I ended up getting an amazing deal on:

Full traction upper f/r control arms
Full traction adjustable track bar f/r
Fox reservoir shocks
Full traction 3 inch coils (looking to swap them)

I got an amazing deal on them so I really can't complain, the synergy arms I couldn't quiet afford but for the time being the ft arms will do.

I am looking for get new coils, I wanted to get synergy coils but I was told by a local shop that the coils do not fit in the rear (I am not sure why) but regardless. Opinions on a coil upgrade? If it comes down to it I will run the ft coils but I fell in love with the fox ride and the quality synergy provides.

Thanks for the info guys. Also can anyone confirm why the coils do not fit the rear with my set up?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Have you had a chance to ride on the FT coils? If not, you should before you get rid of them. When I was running them, I found them to be one of the nicest riding coils at the time and way better than what you're wanting. But of course, that's just me and ride quality is 100% subjective.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Have you had a chance to ride on the FT coils? If not, you should before you get rid of them. When I was running them, I found them to be one of the nicest riding coils at the time and way better than what you're wanting. But of course, that's just me and ride quality is 100% subjective.

Yup, they ride smooth. But with those shocks I bet the ride is shit

Mitrig

yea these are all takeoffs from one of the show rigs so yea literally everything that was on their show rigs is getting transferred over to my rigs and my friends' since they are swapping over to full synergy components.

Honestly I have yet to see how the FT coils and fox reservoir combo up. The rig I did test had the fox RR and synergy coils but at the same time they stated that the synergy coils so not line up properly in the rear with the fox shocks.

I was told to find a better combo to run the fox shocks, is there a set of coils that line up better with the fox? I'm open to all options. I will try running the full FT kit with fox shocks and see how it rolls. I just can't stand my rough country garbage anymore, i got it a while back just to get the clearance but the coils are sagging beyond belief and the shocks are shot and they won't replace them. i am planning a trip from windsor ontario to mojave and moab this summer before grad and would rather finally make that jump and run a set up that i can tolerate and handle appropriately.

Thanks for the feedback

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
You'll have a better ride than the rough country. It will still ride nice . Just not as smooth as the coils can be.

Mitrig

yea i figure anything is better than the ride i have now with sagging coils and shot shocks LOL. bad choice I made 2 years ago finally bitting me in the ass but thankfully with this trip coming up and school almost done I can finally justify making the jump to something to more suit my needs.

If i was to set the reservoir coils to a softer setting would i not get a better ride with the ft coils? i have no experience with shocks adjustable reservoir shocks, the other rig we have has bilsteins and they are amazing but i figured i would try my hand with something new, and a bunch of the "hardcore" wheelers here run them and rave about them.

Mitrig

well ill be picking everything up this week, doubt i will be able to make the install right away till i set a time to scrap the junk country that I am dealing with. and no more rubbing...i think thats what I'm most excited for. no more worrying about every bump or having to carry 4 people and the rig handling like *hit.

AncientTrail

yea these are all takeoffs from one of the show rigs so yea literally everything that was on their show rigs is getting transferred over to my rigs and my friends' since they are swapping over to full synergy components.

Honestly I have yet to see how the FT coils and fox reservoir combo up. The rig I did test had the fox RR and synergy coils but at the same time they stated that the synergy coils so not line up properly in the rear with the fox shocks.

I was told to find a better combo to run the fox shocks, is there a set of coils that line up better with the fox? I'm open to all options. I will try running the full FT kit with fox shocks and see how it rolls. I just can't stand my rough country garbage anymore, i got it a while back just to get the clearance but the coils are sagging beyond belief and the shocks are shot and they won't replace them. i am planning a trip from windsor ontario to mojave and moab this summer before grad and would rather finally make that jump and run a set up that i can tolerate and handle appropriately.

Thanks for the feedback

If you're coming to Mojave, Calif., pm me as I'm close to there. I'm having my Fox Internal bypass shocks being re-valved to my liking by a guy who was hired by Fox to tune shocks at this years King Of The Hammers. Maybe I can put you in touch with him to help you out? Who knows.

:beer:

Mitrig

If you're coming to Mojave, Calif., pm me as I'm close to there. I'm having my Fox Internal bypass shocks being re-valved to my liking by a guy who was hired by Fox to tune shocks at this years King Of The Hammers. Maybe I can put you in touch with him to help you out? Who knows.

yea I will be heading there in a few months for a week long trip, mojave, and moab in one shot. won't be for a few months but I will for sure be in touch when the time comes. its the thought that counts and I really appreciate it!

AncientTrail

yea I will be heading there in a few months for a week long trip, mojave, and moab in one shot. won't be for a few months but I will for sure be in touch when the time comes. its the thought that counts and I really appreciate it!

If anything, we can meet up and have a beer. We met some great friends in Moab from Canada and are still in touch. In fact, we're planning a Moab reunion this year. If you have the time, Calico would be a great run and it's on the way to Moab. If the time is right, I'm sure I could get some friends to join us.

Good luck on your build!

Mitrig

If anything, we can meet up and have a beer. We met some great friends in Moab from Canada and are still in touch. In fact, we're planning a Moab reunion this year. If you have the time, Calico would be a great run and it's on the way to Moab. If the time is right, I'm sure I could get some friends to join us.

Good luck on your build!

That would be awesome! I know a few of the local guys are heading there for their annual run was asked to head down with them but it cuts into my semester.

I will for sure be in touch before our trip, it's our first time in that area so I would be awesome to know someone local. Seeing that would 3500km drive it isn't a run we would usually do ahah. I am sure the guys would love to get out there with some locals!

Top Bottom