Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steering stabilizer angle

Knows a Thing or Two Spudcannons's Avatar

Steering stabilizer angle

After installing my new PR44 the angle of the steering stabilizer changed from parralel to 15-25* off. There are no clearance issues or binding, will the different angle cause premature ware or any possible issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Spudcannons View Post
    After installing my new PR44 the angle of the steering stabilizer changed from parralel to 15-25* off. There are no clearance issues or binding, will the different angle cause premature ware or any possible issues?
    Nope. All it does is move it up and out of the way so you don't smash it on the rocks like you would in the stock location
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Knows a Thing or Two Spudcannons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    Nope. All it does is move it up and out of the way so you don't smash it on the rocks like you would in the stock location
    Thanks! Now I just need to get that last pesky control arm back in. The johnny joint is stuck at max angle and wedged into the axle mount any ideas on whys to get it out or grease the johnny joint to get it moving?(the grease fitting is not accessable)

Quote Originally Posted by Spudcannons View Post
    Thanks! Now I just need to get that last pesky control arm back in. The johnny joint is stuck at max angle and wedged into the axle mount any ideas on whys to get it out or grease the johnny joint to get it moving?(the grease fitting is not accessable)
    I drop my control arms to grease them. It's a pain in the dick but it works. You could get 90* fittings for the future so you don't need to drop them to grease them
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Is this too much angle? Should I make a bracket to mount to the Evo bracket and level it out?

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

Knows a Thing or Two MericaMade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    Is this too much angle? Should I make a bracket to mount to the Evo bracket and level it out?

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg
    Mine looks like yours and been working great but I would also like to hear an answer for your question.Screenshot_20190624-211216_Photos.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MericaMade View Post
    Mine looks like yours and been working great but I would also like to hear an answer for your question.Screenshot_20190624-211216_Photos.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    BaddestCross mentioned that his Rancho 5000 folded being at an angle like that.... so maybe it depends on the shock.

BaddestCross mentioned that his Rancho 5000 folded being at an angle like that.... so maybe it depends on the shock.
    It wasn't the pitch, it was that I didn't have it parallel. That thing looks pretty steep, but I don't have any experience with that.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg
    Here's mine.
    20190625_121038.jpeg
    The angle is similar, but the trackbar end mount is rotated 90 degrees from yours so the bushing rotates rather than scrunches as the steering moves side to side.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by rubiDave View Post
    Here's mine.
    20190625_121038.jpeg
    The angle is similar, but the trackbar end mount is rotated 90 degrees from yours so the bushing rotates rather than scrunches as the steering moves side to side.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Yeah, that seems way better the way you have it... with the coupler style at the tie rod, I don’t really have that option... So I think I’ll weld some tabs here (red circle) and level it out once I see the new shock. Going with Fox now.

IMG_0703.jpg

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast