Steering stabilizer angle

rubiDave

TrailHunter

Hooked
I think I have one of those Currie brackets if you want it.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Let me see if I can get the Rockhard Coupler to work.... if not I'll take you up on that. Thanks

I missed Eddie's install. What the deal with those pass through shafts? Looks like two shafts to get f'dup.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Like $450..... I don't need that right now... stock is fine if that's my only option under $150.

MericaMade

RCVRY

Do you think that mount hole is only to be used on a raised track bar and most are using it incorrectly?

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not sure how most use it. You may be on to something though. I think the tie rod mount should be horizontal if anything. Less about the angle of the damper and more about the perpendicular force against the top of the bushing. Let the bushings pivot with extreme force and the damper soaks up the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
Sorry meant the tie rod. If you raised/flipped the tie rod then the stabilizer would sit flat with the mount hole on the bracket wouldn't it?

Yes. Hole position is probably a best compromise to make both work. It wont be hard to fab something up and get it level.

Instead of drilling or welding tabs on the EVO bracket. Is the stud long enough on the tie rod mount to put a spacer or stack of washers under the shock? Doesn’t look like you need much to level it out.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Instead of drilling or welding tabs on the EVO bracket. Is the stud long enough on the tie rod mount to put a spacer or stack of washers under the shock? Doesn’t look like you need much to level it out.

It’s usually a threaded hole and a bolt goes through the stabilizer and clamp. That’s the easiest I would think and what I was thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked

No... and I could get a longer one... but not sure its a good idea to put that much leverage on 1/2” of threads. Would probably work lose over time.

WJCO

Meme King
Is this too much angle? Should I make a bracket to mount to the Evo bracket and level it out?

Rancho makes a steering stabilizer relocation kit that comes with a bolt that re-uses a hole on your OEM bracket. Not sure how it would work on an aftermarket JK bracket but I would imagine you could get creative and make it work.
Below are pics of a stock JK with it being used as well as my WJ with a JK axle but different bracket kit. On mine, I just used a long bolt with a spacer but same concept.

61SJ+Q5Uw1L._SX425_.jpg

IMG_20161103_151643_748.jpg

DSC04659.jpg

rubiDave

Rancho makes a steering stabilizer relocation kit that comes with a bolt that re-uses a hole on your OEM bracket.
The above kit is also available paired with a RS5000 stabilizer. Rancho pn RS97356 'High clearance stabilizer kit'. Saves about $30 over buying the bracket and stabilizer separately. That is what I used, comes with more brackets, stand-off bolts & bushing sleeves than you can use. I just used the existing hole in the EVO raised trackbar bracket, but it does come with a bolt on trackbar side stabilizer bracket that would be easy to modify to a weld on if your intent to follow that path.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
You all made me curious so I went and looked at mine. It's at a slight angle too. It's been this way for 7 years and was still works fine. Looks like that set up is $60 on their site. IMAG3186.jpg IMAG3185.jpg IMAG3187.jpg

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom