Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Rubicon (Tucker) Build

Been Around the Block shadowpaige64507's Avatar

Black Rubicon (Tucker) Build

I've been viewing peoples builds over the last few weeks and like the idea of it being kind of a journal of their rig. I came across a great deal on a 2012 JKUR about three years ago. I added a few things right away but wanted to wait until the warranty was up before adding a lift.

Build list:
    Quadratec Q9000lb winch Done - Changed to a 12K Smittybilt X2O
    Stubby End Cap (bumper) Done - Changed to a Smittybilt front bumper XRC
    Directus backup mirror and camera Done
    Plastic Dip my running boards Done - Changed to Rubincon Sliders with rub rails (GatorHide)
    Rubicon Express 3.5" Standard w/ Mono Shocks Done
    Rubicon Express Adjustable Upper Control arms (front/rear) Done
    Longer front brake lines Done
    35" BFG's Done 315/70R17 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T - Now have Open Country 37's
    Aftermarket rear bumper with tire carrier. Haven't decided on which one yet. JCR rear bumper with tire carrier, Done
    Synergy axle gussets Done
    Front and Rear Axle Trusses Done
    Rock Sliders Done (Add pipe to Rubicon Sliders)
    JE Reel Front Drive Shaft Done
    JE Reel Rear Drive Shaft
    Aftermarket Ball Joints Done
    Larger Brakes!! Done...Crown Big Brake Kit
    Oil Pan Skid
    Regear Done - 5.13

Here's a couple pictures of what I started with. It had about 7,000 miles on it when I purchased it from a guy in St. Louis. He actually held it for me for a month. Stand-up guy!

IMG_3224.JPGIMG_3351.resized.jpg
    Last edited by shadowpaige64507; 03-18-2019 at 03:10 PM.

Front bumper with Winch

Yeah, the whole 1-2 hours to install the winch plate took about two days because of having to relocate factory parts. I'm sure others have came across the same problem.

front bumper.jpg

Plastic Dip Running Boards

The chrome was starting to flake, so it was time to paint them. I removed as much of the chrome as possible.

Plastic dip running boards.jpg

Nice!! The running boards look a lot better black but if plan on wheeling your Jeep, you'll want to look into replacing them with something that can offer a bit more protection. The bumper end caps are always a nice addition too

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Nice!! The running boards look a lot better black but if plan on wheeling your Jeep, you'll want to look into replacing them with something that can offer a bit more protection. The bumper end caps are always a nice addition too
    Yeah, I plan on replacing the running boards after they get crushed. You think I should paint the wheels to match or leave them gray?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowpaige64507 View Post
    Yeah, I plan on replacing the running boards after they get crushed. You think I should paint the wheels to match or leave them gray?
    If it were me, I would leave the wheels as is. Black wheels have been the rage for a long time and maybe because of it, I find them to be kind of boring now. But, that's just me.

If your side steps get crushed, it could do damage to the body. Unless you don't need to open and close your doors.

Quote Originally Posted by xkid View Post
    If your side steps get crushed, it could do damage to the body. Unless you don't need to open and close your doors.
    Good point. Sounds like that needs to be on the top of my list. We don't have any really large rocks around here so I should be fine for a bit.

RE 3.5 with factory 32"

Insert laugh here if you like. I'm sure I'll get some but I plan on riding this way until the tread is gone. Believe me I know will look better with 35" on there but I don't think it is horrible this way either. Better than stock IMO. Call me crazy but I find it important to see past/over the person in front of you.

Lift with factory tires.jpg

Nothing but a Thing
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowpaige64507 View Post
    Insert laugh here if you like. I'm sure I'll get some but I plan on riding this way until the tread is gone. Believe me I know will look better with 35" on there but I don't think it is horrible this way either. Better than stock IMO. Call me crazy but I find it important to see past/over the person in front of you.

Lift with factory tires.jpg
    Maybe it's just me, but looks good. I think a little stance on these jk is good. I had a few days between lift and tires and I realized I kinda liked it with full fenders.

Good looking jeep.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast