Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 89

Thread: Black Rubicon (Tucker) Build

  1. #11
    Been Around the Block shadowpaige64507's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JKSahara View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but looks good. I think a little stance on these jk is good. I had a few days between lift and tires and I realized I kinda liked it with full fenders.

    Good looking jeep.
    Thanks! I have a long ways to go and a limited budget. I have two hobbies, Jeeps and brewing beer. Hard to decide which to throw more money at.....

  2. #12
    Been Around the Block shadowpaige64507's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    473

    Backup Mirror

    Not the best picture but you get the idea. Pretty sure I'm going to have to relocate when I get my larger tires. You can see part of the tread in the top of the monitor right now.
    backup mirror.jpg
    Added a front camera also.
    IMG_6062.jpg
    Last edited by shadowpaige64507; 09-14-2015 at 02:14 PM.

  3. #13
    Been Around the Block shadowpaige64507's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    473
    Had to replace the battery on Monday. Jeep wouldn't start. Great way to start a week out. But on the flip side, I'm glad that is all that was wrong with it.

    Still trying to decide what 35" I'm putting on Tucker. I only go off-road a few times a year (not counting out on the farm) so I don't need something bullet proof. I know I'm staying with a Mud tire but other than that I can't narrow down the search.

  4. #14
    Caught the Bug griff97TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowpaige64507 View Post
    Had to replace the battery on Monday. Jeep wouldn't start. Great way to start a week out. But on the flip side, I'm glad that is all that was wrong with it.

    Still trying to decide what 35" I'm putting on Tucker. I only go off-road a few times a year (not counting out on the farm) so I don't need something bullet proof. I know I'm staying with a Mud tire but other than that I can't narrow down the search.
    I went with the mastercraft mtx35 so i dont wear out my maxxis 37s plus they are on the cheap side and they dont have alot of road noise I picked up a full set of 5 for under 900 so far they are wearing good and they look pretty good

  5. #15
    Knows a Thing or Two Jeepfan30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    DuPont, WA
    Posts
    513
    How do you like that back up mirror? I was thinking about getting one as well, any feedback and details appreciated. Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by shadowpaige64507 View Post
    Not the best picture but you get the idea. Pretty sure I'm going to have to relocate when I get my larger tires. You can see part of the tread in the top of the monitor right now.
    backup mirror.jpg

  6. #16
    Been Around the Block shadowpaige64507's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepfan30 View Post
    How do you like that back up mirror? I was thinking about getting one as well, any feedback and details appreciated. Thanks
    Screen is good quality and I like it up high rather than down on the dash somewhere. The Bluetooth sucks balls. Won't stay linked to the phone. Tech support was a joke. They would just tell me to do a hard reboot (disconnect from power source). That would work for about a day. I just gave up on using it as a hands free device. I plan on adding another camera to the front license plate. It allows you to toggle between the two cameras.

    Overall I'm happy with it. It's a couple years old so I'm sure there are better options now out there.

  7. #17
    Been Around the Block shadowpaige64507's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by griff97TJ View Post
    I went with the mastercraft mtx35 so i dont wear out my maxxis 37s plus they are on the cheap side and they dont have alot of road noise I picked up a full set of 5 for under 900 so far they are wearing good and they look pretty good
    Funny you pointed these tires out. I've been really debating on getting them being they are in the right price range. Where did you get them for $900? The best I've found around here is $1,300.

  8. #18
    Been Around the Block shadowpaige64507's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    473
    My only concern with the Mastercraft mxt's are the sidewalls are only 2-ply. Have you had any issues on the rocks/tree stumps?

  9. #19
    Caught the Bug griff97TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowpaige64507 View Post
    My only concern with the Mastercraft mxt's are the sidewalls are only 2-ply. Have you had any issues on the rocks/tree stumps?
    Those are my daily driver tires I run maxxis creepy crawlers in 37s when I wheel I haven't had any trouble with them at all for any reason though its like my 4th different set of them they would hold up good with some light wheeling

  10. #20
    Caught the Bug griff97TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    54
    I get all my tires at my brother in laws shop can get 4 mtx35s for 760

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS