Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Rubicon (Tucker) Build

Been Around the Block shadowpaige64507's Avatar
    Decided on Nitto Trail Grappler M/T. Extremely quiet pulling out of the tire shop. Didn't realize how loud my BFG's were.
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439407730.943192.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439407759.675868.jpg

Looks great!
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

Quote Originally Posted by USMC Wrangler View Post
    Looks great!
    Thanks! I know it would look better with custom wheels but that will have to wait. Think I'll use my money on other upgrades first. Should I ever decide to got to 37" will def get new wheels.

Wow looking great with the new tires!

Decided to make a tramp stamp and leave the spare in the garage. I'll bring the spare when I go on the trails.

Here is some aluminum treadplate I got from works scrap bin.
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439646256.279687.jpg

Here it is on Tucker! Left room to move the license plate.
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1439646343.428833.jpg
    I plastic dipped it. Still need to spray the bolts are replace with black bolts.
    Last edited by shadowpaige64507; 08-17-2015 at 08:09 PM.

What Next?

Ok, I'm looking for suggestions. I'm getting the gussets installed this coming weekend. Any ideas of what I should be saving up for next? Looking for more function than looks. I'll list some background first so everyone knows my intent:

This is my daily driver.
    I only plan on wheeling a few times a year, many backroads in-between the park trips.
    Don't plan on any night trails but might want to upgrade some lights for getting off the trails at sunset.
    Enjoy rocks more than mud.
    Might bump up to 37's once these tires wear out (Which I know I would need a better front axle, PR44).
    Would like to get some good rock sliders.
    Need new front brake lines. Don't like the idea of bending factory hard lines.

I'm more or less wanting ideas of what would be the best mod/item at this point in the build process.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowpaige64507 View Post
    Ok, I'm looking for suggestions. I'm getting the gussets installed this coming weekend. Any ideas of what I should be saving up for next? Looking for more function than looks. I'll list some background first so everyone knows my intent:

This is my daily driver.
    I only plan on wheeling a few times a year, many backroads in-between the park trips.
    Don't plan on any night trails but might want to upgrade some lights for getting off the trails at sunset.
    Enjoy rocks more than mud.
    Might bump up to 37's once these tires wear out (Which I know I would need a better front axle, PR44).
    Would like to get some good rock sliders.
    Need new front brake lines. Don't like the idea of bending factory hard lines.

I'm more or less wanting ideas of what would be the best mod/item at this point in the build process.
    Do you have any armor? Bumpers/Sliders etc is what I'd do next.

I put on an Evo crossmember plate. I'm glad I did. After a full day on rocks, it left proof that it was a good investment... And reasonably priced.

Quote Originally Posted by Jgarch View Post
    I put on an Evo crossmember plate. I'm glad I did. After a full day on rocks, it left proof that it was a good investment... And reasonably priced.
    You have a picture of it installed?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast