Rear lower control arm bolt size help.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Does anyone know the size and spec of the rear lower control arm bolts on a JK? I know its a 21mm socket but I need the actual bolt size. I need to get new ones 1/2 longer. Thanks in advance.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Forgot to add, I'm looking for the axle side rear lower.
I read somewhere maybe 14x1.25x100 or a 9/16x4.5. Just wanting to confirm.

dwmgcs

Forgot to add, I'm looking for the axle side rear lower.
I read somewhere maybe 14x1.25x100 or a 9/16x4.5. Just wanting to confirm.

I might actually have them and if not I go right past a place, Parkrose Hardwarea, everyday that will have them, in fact if your going to Ikea on Friday, you will be right by the place as well. I will check to see what I have when I get home and I'll let you know.

bkac

Caught the Bug
I might actually have them and if not I go right past a place, Parkrose Hardwarea, everyday that will have them, in fact if your going to Ikea on Friday, you will be right by the place as well. I will check to see what I have when I get home and I'll let you know.

I need to get 2 that are 1/2 longer. I'm trying to plan ahead. :)

bkac

Caught the Bug
why do you need them longer? btw the lower bolts are M14x1.50x100.00

My brackets on my new axles are quarter inch thick and when you add the Rockstar skids to them they don't catch but one thread. Yeah I was getting ready to research it again cuz I went to the store and I could not find 1.25 in a 14mm. Only 1.50 and 2.00. :) thanx

dwmgcs

My brackets on my new axles are quarter inch thick and when you add the Rockstar skids to them they don't catch but one thread. Yeah I was getting ready to research it again cuz I went to the store and I could not find 1.25 in a 14mm. Only 1.50 and 2.00. :) thanx

Did you find them 4-1/2" long, usually only come in 100mm or 4" most places

MTG

Caught the Bug
I hope you are taking detailed notes of all the stuff you had to figure out with these axles. I think others would find it helpful. Just sayin. ;)

bkac

Caught the Bug
I hope you are taking detailed notes of all the stuff you had to figure out with these axles. I think others would find it helpful. Just sayin. ;)

I am. And I want to give an honest opinion of my experience. I have both positive and negative thoughts. But at this point in still glad a made this decision. More to come I promise.

Top Bottom