Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finally...Wrangler based pickup coming.

Finally...Wrangler based pickup coming.

Only thing wrong with a wrangler based truck is the lack of towing capacity. And torque. There needs to be another engine option
    Last edited by JakeJK; 09-02-2015 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeJK View Post
    Only thing wrong with a wrangler based truck is the lack of towing capacity. And torque. There needs to be another engine option
    Well, IF there is a diesel, then there you go. And these wouldn't compete with full-size trucks anyway. I'm picturing a 4-Door with a roll cage over the pickup bed and a military-style canvas cover/tarp with a roll-up back opening. And having a pickup bed would open up a huge aftermarket opportunity for add-ins and full-on replacements (light RV camper style bed).

The Original Smartass piginajeep's Avatar
    It's going to be over priced. Look how much the JK costs now.

Not to mention the renegade..
    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)
    1953 M38A1

Quote Originally Posted by piginajeep View Post

Oh yeah, IF this were to really happen (and I'm still not convinced of anything that "Automotive News has learned independently"), it'll be way overpriced. That is not to say that people wouldn't pay for it though.

The Original Smartass piginajeep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Oh yeah, IF this were to really happen (and I'm still not convinced of anything that "Automotive News has learned independently"), it'll be way overpriced. That is not to say that people wouldn't pay for it though.
    Yeah, I'd pay the premium as well !!

😂😂
    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)
    1953 M38A1

Finally...Wrangler based pickup coming.

It will be interesting to see how much more the JL base model Sport will be over the JK. Then add to that a premium for the phantom truck bed, and then another premium for a phantom diesel... I can see a Hard Rock 4-door pickup with diesel topping out around $55-60K.

Yeah, I'd pay the premium as well !!

😂😂
    I think we're witnessing the beginning of a Jeep truck addiction. What are you up to, like 3 now? 👍
    "A Warrior Lives a life of contradiction, for he strives to create a world in which he is no longer needed"

BOHICA / 2016 Mojave Sand JKU
    BOHICA Build Thread

CRYSTAL / 2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JK Unlimited
    CRYSTAL Build Thread

Been Around the Block
    A JK8 actually put me into my JKU. Drove by the Dealership and they had this Red Hott 2013 JK8 conversion setting out front, we had been discussing a new truck and I flipped a uturn to look at it only to be stunned at the 52k price tag. Used. I think they would sell like hot cakes at a Church breakfast.

Hooked
    yeap, jeep needs to get there head out of there ASS...a jeep truck would send Chrysler stock through the roof.....a gazillion would be sold!

Fresh Catch

Jeep Truck

http://www.allpar.com/SUVs/jeep/wran...re/pickup.html

From reading this I am kind of feeling let down. I would have hoped they would take the AEV brute JK and went that way. I guess I am going to be talking with AEV and see what they can do for me cause I want a jeep wrangler truck

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast