Got my new Renegade! - Traded from a 2007 JK

streetsharks

Awesome to find some non-haters of the Renegade here. I had to give up my Wrangler as some costly repairs were coming up and driving a ton more was not really working out for me getting like 14 MPG. There is absolutely no comparison. The JK is for one thing the Renegade is for another. So this is neither an upgrade or downgrade. I guess it is really just whatever is best for you and what you ultimately want to do! Thats why I love JEEP, something for everyone.

Anyway just thought I would share the new Renegade. I bought it with 11 miles on it, and currently at 200 - so far I love the hell out of this thing. Just ordered the Thule
Aeroblade Edge rails from CARiD. Stoked to throw my bike and a roof rack cargo basket on there.

uDHSoUO.jpg

Last edited:

RUBINOT

Caught the Bug
Congrats on the Renegade. I agree each has there own purpose.

Keep us posted on how you like it and how it preforms

BigBoy

The more I see em the more I like em. Now to convince my wife she needs a new car. [emoji3]

CorySeiber

I’m digging up an old post, this is the only one that came up with my bike rack search. I’m looking to carry 2 mountain bikes and am looking for pictures/suggestions on which way to go. I also traded in a JK, had the spare mounted bike rack on there. But that won’t work with my Rene. I’d prefer a hitch mounted one, but will be pulling a trailer so that’s not an option.

jesse3638

Hooked
I’m digging up an old post, this is the only one that came up with my bike rack search. I’m looking to carry 2 mountain bikes and am looking for pictures/suggestions on which way to go. I also traded in a JK, had the spare mounted bike rack on there. But that won’t work with my Rene. I’d prefer a hitch mounted one, but will be pulling a trailer so that’s not an option.

Since hitch mounted carriers are out you could always look into a roof mounted option. The Rene is low enough where I don't think it'd be too much of a struggle to get them off and on.

Brute

Hooked
Since hitch mounted carriers are out you could always look into a roof mounted option. The Rene is low enough where I don't think it'd be too much of a struggle to get them off and on.

There are hitch mounted bike carriers that still allow you to tow...I had one many years ago for my F150 4x4...I think I got it from Cabela's

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

duktrx

^^^^^^
Looked back through my Amazon history, it also raises the bikes for better departure angles.

MaxxHaul 70070 Dual Hitch Extension - 4000 lbs. GTW Capacity

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sweet Renny!

Congrats on your Renny, I love mine... it's lots of fun on the trails, comfortable on long trips and great around town here in Vegas (gnarly traffic). Totally from a Wrangler but nimble on moderate trails... lots of fun all around.

Attachments

• 20171009_170114.jpg
    20171009_170114.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 46
Top Bottom