Tie rods

robx251

Caught the Bug
I'm looking for a new tie rod unit for my dana 30. I need am looking for a replacement because the adjuster is rusted solid and can't move it. What does every one use?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I'm looking for a new tie rod unit for my dana 30. I need am looking for a replacement because the adjuster is rusted solid and can't move it. What does every one use?

I switched to synergy. It is decent and would prob buy it again. If you really on a budget tho you can buy the rusted adjuster and the short end of the factory tie rod thru crown for pretty cheap

I was hoping to upgrade strength and eliminate the adjuster

They all have to have some kind of adjustment and every kind I've used eventually will rust and seize the same as the stock one.

I have Synergy on our Jeeps and have been happy with it but the adjuster is as finicky if not more than the stock setup.

It's hard to beat the strength of a Currie, but it has a pricetag as hefty as it is.

robx251

Caught the Bug
I understand that they all have an adjustment I guess what I was trying to say is get rid of the stock adjustment sleeve

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Assuming you have a solid tie-rod, you really should be able to set it once and not have to adjust it again. This is certainly Rock Krawlers understanding of things and they do not have an adjuster - just a means to set it once and be done with it. I have run their tie-rod in the past and found it to work well.

That being said, I personally prefer to run a Currie tie-rod due to it's beefy factory like design, huge tie-rod ends and superior strength because of both. Of course, it isn't cheap but you get what you pay for.

Top Bottom