Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overland/Expedition build.

Overland/Expedition build.

Is anybody in the Wayalife community into the expedition builds?

My jeep is a work in progress and I finally have if built enough to go about anywhere I need it to, but I'm ready to start adding the things needed to survive out of it for periods of time. Anyone else into this sort of thing? Have any neat ideas for such a thing?

What exactly constitutes an "overland/expedition build" over just a Jeep that is already "built enough to go about anywhere I need it to"?

2014 JKUR "Stumps"

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    What exactly constitutes an "overland/expedition build" over just a Jeep that is already "built enough to go about anywhere I need it to"?
    It's "more better" they have their own magazine duh!

I saw a video several months ago that defines "Overlander."

Definition of "Overland" per this "Tom-Cruise-Looking-Youtuber:" Good video. I think he answers the question perfectly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvYy59pMbiA

To skip intro, go to the 30 second mark.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    "Built enough to go where I need it to"- not stock. Lift. Tires. Aftermarket suspension parts. The jeep is able to go as far as I'm willing to take it. Terrain wise.

"Overland/expedition" - traveling long distances off-road. Basically off road camping as I see it. Camping out of your vehicle. Having everything you need on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryantengland14 View Post
    "Built enough to go where I need it to"- not stock. Lift. Tires. Aftermarket suspension parts. The jeep is able to go as far as I'm willing to take it. Terrain wise.

"Overland/expedition" - traveling long distances off-road. Basically off road camping as I see it. Camping out of your vehicle. Having everything you need on board.
    Okay, so what prevents you from doing this now?

I can do it now, but as every jeeper, I wanna go bigger & better.
    Things I'd like to add:

•Onboard compressor or tank. Possibly both.
    •water tank with pump
    •power inverter
    •table off of my swing gate
    •extra camping stuff storage.
    •some way to attach a tarp off my hardtop either off the back or to the side
    •many many more

There's tons of that kind of stuff out there. It's really up to your imagination. If you don't already know how to weld, look into doing that. The possibilities are endless when you can build your own stuff. We take camping stuff in our jeep all the time. We even have a cargo rack that goes into our hitch so we can take the kids powerwheels Jeep with us. As far as some of the ideas you have, I would look into racks. Roof rack, tire carrier with rack, hitch rack. That will expand your options.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bryantengland14 View Post
    Is anybody in the Wayalife community into the expedition builds?

My jeep is a work in progress and I finally have if built enough to go about anywhere I need it to, but I'm ready to start adding the things needed to survive out of it for periods of time. Anyone else into this sort of thing? Have any neat ideas for such a thing?
    Hmmmm, this reminds me of another thread

Pretty much all the jeeps on here are built with this kind of stuff in mind. I think it's the manufacturers of the "overland" products that want you to differentiate one style from another and to think their products are superior/better. Just "build" your Jeep how you want it and to get you where you want to go and don't worry about categories and labels.
    I think I may consider lifting my Jeep. Or not.
    The Evolution of ENVY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast