Close

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I'd put it back to stock and if it has no problems, I'd spend the money to get a better and more complete lift.

I dont think the lift kit would cause dewth wobble. The most common problem is the track bar mouting holes are egged out (front and rear this can happen) and it's a very easy thing to not notice when trying to disgnose dewth wobble.
    ~Zach

2010 2dr Wrangler Sport
    AEV 2.5 Coil Lift
    Evo Sliders, gussets, and control arm skids
    Spidertrax 1.75 Spacers
    35 Nitto Trail Grapplers
    LOD Signature Series Rear Bumper

Correct, the kit itself shouldn't but if its not installed well or has crappy joints and bushings, I'd go back to stock. Eliminate the possibilities, then get a lift by a manufacturer who primarily works with Jeeps.

-
    Hey Thanks guy for the speedy replies . . . I've been looking at the long arm kit . . . my gut tells me I should have gotten it in the first place , now that I have spent all this money on BS ... yes I should have did that / a better kit . some of my friends have lifted jeeps, they too went the cheaper way . . they deny any problems but I bet you money they have them too, and it appears I'm not alone whit this problem ...

well I might do just that remove the lift sell it and buy a complete long arm kit ..

Again Thank you ... I love this site . . Keep up the good work people .. you have a great tool here .. again thank you..

Best of luck to you sir just do some research on long arm kits before you buy one. Ask on here if you want everyone has information and all information is usefull.
    ~Zach

2010 2dr Wrangler Sport
    AEV 2.5 Coil Lift
    Evo Sliders, gussets, and control arm skids
    Spidertrax 1.75 Spacers
    35 Nitto Trail Grapplers
    LOD Signature Series Rear Bumper

-
    Quote Originally Posted by bl17z90 View Post
    Best of luck to you sir just do some research on long arm kits before you buy one. Ask on here if you want everyone has information and all information is usefull.
    Well then I guess the next question would be ... would it help with my problem .. if not then best to go Stock !!

I did the short arm because I thought it would be Ok , but I'm hating myself for not going long arm .. but then again .. maybe that to is not a good Idea for a daily drive .. yes I spend a lot of time in the swamp or should say off road and bad trails .. ..

I was starting to get death wobble quite a bit - usually started around 60 mph, but it didn't happen all the time. When it started to happen more frequently, I decided to replace my ball joints (I knew they were bad because of the movement). After replacing the ball joints, I didn't have death wobble. I have an 08 JKU-R with about 95k miles on it. I suspect the ball joints have been bad for some time.
    2008 JKU-R
    Evo 4" Enforcer
    Slabs with 37" Nitto TG
    JCR Front/PSC RockBrawler II linked rear
    EVO skids / LoD sliders

Are all of you guys replacing the ball joints yourself or having someone do it? I watched a YouTube video and it looks like a big job. I also have death wobble and haven't been able to correct it. It's been sitting in the driveway for two weeks now. I have a rock krawler steering system and a fox ATS on the way but this is really only so I can drive it to a 4x4 shop for tire balancing. It's been very frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by GIJK View Post
    Are all of you guys replacing the ball joints yourself or having someone do it? I watched a YouTube video and it looks like a big job. I also have death wobble and haven't been able to correct it. It's been sitting in the driveway for two weeks now. I have a rock krawler steering system and a fox ATS on the way but this is really only so I can drive it to a 4x4 shop for tire balancing. It's been very frustrating
    If you're worried about doing the job yourself, just take your Jeep to a shop and have them do it.

It was a big job for sure. It took me about 9 hours to do it myself. The first side was a real pain to figure everything out, but once I did it the other side wasn't bad at all. I'm glad I did because I now know how it's all put together - not to mention the $$$ saved by doing it myself. I ended up breaking a speed sensor, and that was a real pain to drill it out and clean it up and running to the dealer for a new sensor. If you do decide to do it, I would recommend disconnecting the speed sensor as opposed to pulling the sensor out.

I had death wobble as well and it got to the point where I couldn't go over 55mph. Replacing the ball joints fixed it. I have an 08 with about 95k mile an I've been running 35" for the past 40k miles.

Good luck with it whatever you decide to do.

Sent from my MB886 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2008 JKU-R
    Evo 4" Enforcer
    Slabs with 37" Nitto TG
    JCR Front/PSC RockBrawler II linked rear
    EVO skids / LoD sliders

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast