Page 129 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1383

Thread: The build/re-build of Gruff

  1. #1281
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    31,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Threw in this harness bar yesterday. Pretty simple install: mark 8 holes, drill, paint, bolt in. Using a set of PRP 4 point harnesses. The harnesses aren't going to be my primary
    belts - I'll still use the factory ones for street driving. I just like the security of these in some instances. I got to ride in a TJ (Des's) on an obstacle at Turtle Ridge in August and then did it in Gruff. What a difference it makes being held firmly in place by the 4 point vs the factory belts.

    Attachment 336755

    Attachment 336756
    Can you do me a favor? Can you measure from the steering wheel to the bar on the headrest of the driver seat with the seat all the way back and the back reclined all the way it can go?

    And if you have the back seats in, from the bar to the back seat?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

    2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    1975 DJ5

  2. #1282
    Addict Ddays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Darlington, Pa
    Posts
    9,422
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    Can you do me a favor? Can you measure from the steering wheel to the bar on the headrest of the driver seat with the seat all the way back and the back reclined all the way it can go?

    And if you have the back seats in, from the bar to the back seat?


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    Here you go. I threw in the drivers side rear seat so I could measure that. I also sat in the seat and measured from my nose to the back of the bar - it's only 13" No way in hell I'd want to be in an accident sitting in the back seat. Even with the shitty padding kit that comes with it, your noggin would likely split open on the bar. I'd never feel comfortable with anyone in the rear seats on the road. I'm going to leave the back seats out.

    Bar measurements.jpg

  3. #1283
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    31,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Here you go. I threw in the drivers side rear seat so I could measure that. I also sat in the seat and measured from my nose to the back of the bar - it's only 13" No way in hell I'd want to be in an accident sitting in the back seat. Even with the shitty padding kit that comes with it, your noggin would likely split open on the bar. I'd never feel comfortable with anyone in the rear seats on the road. I'm going to leave the back seats out.

    Bar measurements.jpg
    You did all that at 11pm. Impressive! Here I’m ready for bed at 815. Lol

    I was more worried about the dog in the back seat more than a person. Thanks for the measurements. I’ll have to measure mine when I get the Jeep put back together.


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

    2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

    1975 DJ5

  4. #1284
    Addict Ddays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Darlington, Pa
    Posts
    9,422
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    You did all that at 11pm. Impressive! Here I’m ready for bed at 815. Lol

    I was more worried about the dog in the back seat more than a person. Thanks for the measurements. I’ll have to measure mine when I get the Jeep put back together.


    Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Lol, too much caffeine last night

  5. #1285
    Addict Ddays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Darlington, Pa
    Posts
    9,422
    Stuffs getting ready to happen. More to come....


    bumps.jpg

  6. #1286
    Addict wjtstudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Rochester, MI.
    Posts
    5,971

    The build/re-build of Gruff

    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Stuffs getting ready to happen. More to come....


    bumps.jpg
    Oh yeah!! Can’t wait to see where this goes.


    2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    Last edited by wjtstudios; 10-29-2019 at 04:42 PM.
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

  7. #1287
    Old Timer Jsouder53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Gallatin Gateway, Montana
    Posts
    3,827
    That’s awesome! Looking forward to following this

  8. #1288
    Knows a Thing or Two Rst8rox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Michigan's 45th parallel
    Posts
    514
    Gonna be sweet!


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  9. #1289
    Addict Ddays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Darlington, Pa
    Posts
    9,422
    Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    Oh yeah!! Can’t wait to see where this goes.


    2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsouder53 View Post
    That’s awesome! Looking forward to following this
    Quote Originally Posted by Rst8rox View Post
    Gonna be sweet!


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    LOL, no more squeak......squeak......squeak......squeak

  10. #1290
    Nothing but a Thing jdofmemi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Menifee CA
    Posts
    2,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    LOL, no more squeak......squeak......squeak......squeak
    What will you have to listen to now after wheeling? 🤣

Page 129 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS