WAYALIFE : 2015 SEMA Show RECAP

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's hard to believe that it was a week ago that we arrived in Las Vegas, Nevada, to start covering the 2015 SEMA Show for all of you here on WAYALIFE. As was the case last year, the show was absolutely packed full of vehicles and I'd have to say that SEMA is really starting to look and feel like it had about 10 years ago. In fact, there were so many Jeeps at the show that I have no doubts that there were more than a few we missed in spite of our best efforts to capture all of them. And, if there was one you were hoping to see and we didn't get, I apologize for not being able to get around to it. That being said, I thought I would take a bit of time to highlight some of cool things we saw at the show and thought were worth noting.

WAYALIFE - Moby
As self-congratulatory as this might be, the very first Jeep that I wanted to highlight is our very own Moby. It's hard to imagine that it was 8 years ago that Moby first came to SEMA and while this would be his 5th time attending the show, it'll most likely be his last. Far from the shiny new Jeep that he once was back in 2007, Moby is more of a testament of the products that he runs than anything and we're grateful to Dynatrac and Off Road Evolution for seeing him as much.

You can see more pics and a video of Moby here: Moby - The Original WAYALIFE Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited

main.php

Legacy - Power Wagon
If there is just one vehicle that was out on display at the 2015 SEMA Show that quite literally stopped me in my tracks, it would be this gorgeous 1949 Dodge Power Wagon that was not only restored beautifully but, was also converted into a 4-Door. If I had to pick, this would be the rig I would call "Best in Show".

You can see more pics of this amazing truck here: 1949 Dodge Power Wagon 4-Door

main.php

MOPAR - Jeep Chief
Of all the MOPAR Concept vehicles that were originally released out at the 2015 Moab Easter Jeep Safari, the Jeep Chief was without question the one that I completely fell in love with. The retro 1970's Cherokee Chief styling complete with razor grill is just to die for and I was so glad to see it in the MOPAR display at the 2015 SEMA Show. This Jeep is the one Jeep out of all the ones at the show that I would have stolen.

You can see more pics of this amazing Jeep here: MOPAR Jeep Chief Concept

main.php

Hauk Design - Rock Rat
Proof that the rat rod craze is still alive and kicking, Hauk Designs came to the 2015 SEMA Show with this outstanding "Rock Rat" based off of an old Willys Jeep. The attention to detail on this rig was spot on and it was a real joy to look for and find the smallest of them.

You can see more pics of this very cool Jeep here: Rock Rat

main.php

Amanda - IFS/IRS JK
While they may not be the first company to come out with a Jeep JK Wrangler that has IFS, I am pretty sure they are the first to come out with one that has 16" of travel up front AND an IRS that has 14" of travel as well. Whether or not all this works or works well is an unknown for sure but I for one would like to give kudos for pushing the envelope as to what can be done with a JK.

You can see more pics of this Jeep here: Amanda IFS/IRS Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited

main.php

Rigid Industries - JK-8
Of the few Jeep JK-8's that were present at the 2015 SEMA Show, this one that was on display at the Rigid Industries booth was without question, the nicest looking one of them all. And, it is for that reason that I wanted to make note of it in this recap.

You can see more pics of this Jeep here: Rigid Industries JK-8

main.php

Rock Krawler - Rock Racer Suspension
Okay, I know there are a lot of Rock Krawler fans out there who've been dying to see more pics of their badass stretched 2-door Jeep JK Wrangler with their all new Rock Racer Suspension System. This of course is their double throw down coil over long arm kit that comes complete with trailing arms and all for just $11,577.89! Without question, this is the first real competition for the EVO DTD with EVO Lever and you can get a close up look as to what it looks like in this video!

You can see more pics and a video of this Jeep here: Rock Krawler Rock Racer Suspension System

main.php

Dynatrac - ProRock Axles & ProGrip Brake Systems
For 2015, Dynatrac had several products that I felt were worth noting including their ProRock XD60, ProGrip II Brake System and announcement of new factory replacement axle shafts. You can see more information on them by clicking on the following links:

Dynatrac ProRock XD60 Front & Rear Axles
Dynatrac ProGRIP II Brake System
Dynatrac JK44 Pro Axle Shafts

main.php

Rubicon Express - HD Tie-Rod
If there's one thing that every Jeep JK Wrangler owner who actually wheels it needs, it's a good heavy duty replacement tie-rod. Unfortunately, up until now, the options available have been limited and the really big and beefy ones out there were cost prohibitive. Well, at the 2015 SEMA Show, Rubicon Express released among other things a MASSIVE new HD tie rod that has enormous joints and can be adjusted just as easily as a factory unit. I would seriously give this thing a try especially being that it is slated to retail for only $299!

You can see more pics of this tie rod and other steering components here: Rubicon Express HD Steering Components

main.php

Steer Smarts - YETI Steering System
Yet another company that came to the 2015 SEMA Show with a complete HD drag link and tie-rod system is Steer Smarts. Called the YETI steering system, the beefy drag link can be installed flipped and without the need to drill out your knuckle. The tie-rod is equally beefy and the company who is actually a very large OE manufacturer is claiming that their steering system is the strongest you can get for a JK. For both the drag link and tie-rod, you will only get set back $699.

You can see more pics of this steering system here: Steer Smarts HD Drag Link & Tie-Rod

main.php

Smittybilt - Recon Overland Trailer
As much as everyone would love to have a nice off road trailer with a tent to go camping with, the cost of most are well over the $10,000 range and for most people, difficult to justify. AT the 2015 SEMA Show, Smittybilt introduced what they are calling the "Recon Overlander Trailer" and with a reasonable price tag of about $5000 which includes the trailer, 31" ProComp AT tires, wheels and roof top tent, it sure got my attention. If the final manufactured product is anywhere a good as this prototype, I think it'll grab your attention as well.

You can see more pics and a video of this top here: Smittybilt Recon Overland Trailer

main.php

Bestop - Sunrider for Hardtop
At the 2015 SEMA Show, Bestop released their all new "Sunrider for Hardtop". This cool new top is quite literally a soft top insert that you install in place of your factory Jeep JK Wrangler hard top Freedom Top panels and this allows you to open and close the front portion of your roof simply by unlatching the windshield header and flipping the top back. This is truly an innovative design that I think will be quite popular and so I'm giving it a nod here in my recap.

You can see more pics and a video of this top here: Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop

main.php

Pro Comp - Vapor Pro II Bead Lock Wheel
When it comes to quality bead lock wheels, there really aren't to many options available especially when it comes to ones that are made in the U.S.A. And, it is for this reason that I felt ProComp deserved a nod for releasing their all new Vapor Pro II. If what I've been told is true, it is made in the U.S.A., will be backed by a full warranty and amazingly enough, will be offered for about the same price as a Walker Evans bead lock wheel.

You can see more pics and even a video of this wheel here: Pro Comp Vapor Pro II Bead Lock Wheel

main.php

Fab Fours - The Legend 2
When the Legend by Fab Fours was introduced to the 2014 SEMA Show, it was literally the talk of the Off-Road Hall. Coming to the 2015 SEMA Show with pretty much the exact same thing only in green and white and with a Mohawk made it about as interesting as Psy re-releasing his one hit wonder Gangnam Style in a punk rock version.

You can see more pics of this build here: The Legend 2

main.php

UnderCover - Nighthawk Light Brow
Want your Jeep JK Wrangler to look like a caveman but don't want to perform a face lift, look no further than the Nighthawk Light Brow by UnderCover! For the low price of $239, you too can have a unibrow. Simply apply the Nighthawk Light Brow to the face of your Jeep's grill and just like that, your Jeep will have the look of a human ancestor that went extinct during the last ice age!

You can see more pics of this product here: Nighthawk Light Brow

main.php

JEEP ANNOUNCEMENT - Special Edition RED ROCK Jeep JK Wrangler
During the 2015 SEMA Show, Mopar had a special unveiling of a brand new special edition Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited and in commemoration of 50 unique concept vehicles they've made for attendees of the Moab Easter Jeep Safari, they have called this the Red Rock concept. While this JK is just a glorified Rubicon Hard Rock with a lot of badges and a limited 50 total Jeeps being made with them, it should be noted that this concept will also be the very first Jeep to be made and sold from the factor with a set of 35" tires and enough lift to clear them.

You can see more pics of this new Jeep here: MOPAR Special Edition RED ROCK Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited

main.php

SEMA HOTTEST 4X4 AWARD
And finally, there are a host of categories that SEMA gives awards to vehicle manufacturers and when it came to who had the "Hottest 4X4", I'm proud to say that the Jeep JK Wrangler won it yet again. That makes it 6 times in a row now!

You can see more pics of this award and Jeep here: 2015 SEMA Hottest 4x4 Award

main.php

WANT TO SEE EVEN MORE PHOTOS?
Just in case you were wondering, Cindy and I took over 3,200 photos and they have been categorized into 151 individual galleries. Most of these photos have been posted up in threads here on WAYALIFE but, in the event you were wanting to see more, all you have to do is click on the link below:

WAYALIFE 2015 SEMA Photo Gallery

We hope you enjoy :cool:

WJCO

Meme King
Thank you Eddie and Cindy for the SEMA coverage

SEMA ending today. I know you've received a lot of individual thanks in some of the SEMA forums, but I decided to create another thread thanking you guys for your time.

It's a ton of work capturing pictures any time you are enjoying an event. And even more work posting them on the fly just so we can see them. And you've even taken time to answer questions while you can about the Jeeps and even take more pics of certain components as requested while you were there.

We've gotten to see some cool Jeeps first hand before a lot of the world has had a chance to see them. Based on the comments, forum members have really enjoyed this. Thanks again so much.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
SEMA ending today. I know you've received a lot of individual thanks in some of the SEMA forums, but I decided to create another thread thanking you guys for your time.

It's a ton of work capturing pictures any time you are enjoying an event. And even more work posting them on the fly just so we can see them. And you've even taken time to answer questions while you can about the Jeeps and even take more pics of certain components as requested while you were there.

We've gotten to see some cool Jeeps first hand before a lot of the world has had a chance to see them. Based on the comments, forum members have really enjoyed this. Thanks again so much.

2nded. AWESOME job Eddie and Cindy! :beer::beer:

Skid_Kid

Thank you Eddie and Cindy for the SEMA coverage

Awesome as always! Slows me down at work for a week, but well worth it. Cheers to you both and all that you do for the Jeep community!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
You guys ROCK! You put tons of effort into giving us at home the most coverage possible and you make it feel like we are all there with you. I thank you both for your hard and tireless work!

TheFett

CANT SAY IT ENOUGH.......THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! :like::beer:

JAGS

Hooked
Absolutely! Thanks for the awesome coverage, you guys rock. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Ddays

Hooked
Ditto everyone above! So much great stuff to look at. Thanks for taking the time to do this!

BitBucket

Eddie and Cindy, thanks can't be said enough! The pictures were great and the time you take to provide information for our community is above and beyond. Hats off and my thanks to both of you:applaudit:

bsimon187

Awesome coverage once again! Thanks for taking time out of your trip to keep all of us up to date and going back to Check on individual booth requests from some members.

I agree 100% with everything everyone else just said. Thank you so much for such a detailed coverage of the event and vehicles!!! :beer:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Phew! Lotta work and long hours to get this outstanding coverage every year. Love living it vicariously through Cindy & Eddie.:yup:

dchotrod

As usual, we get to benefit & live life vicariously through you guys! Thanks for living it well & sharing.[emoji106]

Top Bottom